Please help with some advice!

Go to solution Solved by AdamBo,
14 hours ago, Spudbilly said:

Do you know if your sim games would scale well with sli for your 1060. If your run a high resolution triple monitor setup...your gpu could be a little bit of a problem. 

Yeah GTX 1060 apparently is not SLI compatible (I have not had a good look but I don't think mine has the bridge ports)... its definitely a mistake and I wouldn't recommend it. 

I guess the aim is to somewhat future proof with the motherboard/ram and cpu even if I have to upgrade or trade graphics cards down the track to a better version or SLI version

Hi Guys

I am trying to decide on some forced upgrades (as my CPU has finally given up) 

My Current setup

B85M-D3H Motherboard  (1150)

Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 GHZ

2x 8 GB of DDR3 RAM

GTX 1060  6GB 

So my problem is because of the motherboard socket is only 1150 I cannot get a good upgrade CPU without changing motherboard/CPU and RAM to DDR4

I am thinking I upgrade my rig to

to be decided Motherboard but 1151 Socket

Core i7 6700K  4GHZ

2x 8 GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1060 6GB

I largely use my computer for 3 Monitor simulator racing. The current setup was not really keeping up anyway but what I would like to know is will this upgrade be sufficient to run CPU heavy simulator games such as Iracing, Rfactor 2 etc

Last thing I want to do is spend the money to upgrade and find out its still not good enough!

any advise helpful

Cheers

That would be plenty fine for those games.

You can still buy haswell cpus if you don't want to upgrade the entire pc.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/yT2kcf/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

44 minutes ago, AdamBo said:

Hi Guys

My Current setup

Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 GHZ

2x 8 GB of DDR3 RAM

GTX 1060  6GB 

4790k should work fine :)

Do you know if your sim games would scale well with sli for your 1060. If your run a high resolution triple monitor setup...your gpu could be a little bit of a problem. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

11 hours ago, Halo Spartan128 said:

4790k should work fine :)

12 hours ago, AdamBo said:

Hi Guys

My Current setup

Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 GHZ

2x 8 GB of DDR3 RAM

GTX 1060  6GB 

You will need to update your BIOS probably so keep that in mind before you change to a 4790k :)

14 hours ago, Spudbilly said:

Yeah GTX 1060 apparently is not SLI compatible (I have not had a good look but I don't think mine has the bridge ports)... its definitely a mistake and I wouldn't recommend it. 

I guess the aim is to somewhat future proof with the motherboard/ram and cpu even if I have to upgrade or trade graphics cards down the track to a better version or SLI version