guide for overclocking ram???

Ramke_99
Go to solution Solved by Constant Failure,
17 minutes ago, Ramke_99 said:

snip

Well, I would say update your BIOS to the latest version. If that doesn't help, you probably need to change VCCIO and VCSA, but I can't help you with those, because I have not played around with these settings myself.

does anyone have a guide for how to overclock ram. I have 3200Mhz ram but when i switch the MB to allow the faster speed it wont boot correctly. I figure someones already had this problem and knows how to fix it 

thanks- Ramke 

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

What I'm guessing is that you go into UEFI/BIOS and you input the XMP profile?

If you could tell your processor, motherboard and memory models it would be a bit easier to help. 

The issue might be that your Mobo does not support memory speeds up to 3200 or your processor can't handle it. A BIOS update might help with this and sometimes if the XMP profile does not work out of the box, it can work if you apply the values of the XMP profile, for example DRAM voltage = 1.35V instead of having it on auto.

CPU: i5 6600k @4.5GHz | GPU Zotac Amp! 1070 | RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb | Storage: Corsair Force LE 240gb +480gb | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear C400 | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Cooler: H110i GTX

1 hour ago, Constant Failure said:

What I'm guessing is that you go into UEFI/BIOS and you input the XMP profile?

Correct

cpu is an Intel core i5 6600k, a z170x gaming 5 (gigabyte) and ram is Corsair vengance LPX 3200. the Mobo should support it as it was why i went with that ram and Mobo. I havent looked at changing the voltages as I dont really know what I'm looking at. 

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB

17 minutes ago, Ramke_99 said:

snip

Well, I would say update your BIOS to the latest version. If that doesn't help, you probably need to change VCCIO and VCSA, but I can't help you with those, because I have not played around with these settings myself.

CPU: i5 6600k @4.5GHz | GPU Zotac Amp! 1070 | RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb | Storage: Corsair Force LE 240gb +480gb | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear C400 | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Cooler: H110i GTX

36 minutes ago, Constant Failure said:

update your BIOS to the latest version.

I did this (rather stressfully) went through and redid my preferences and was able to boot first go with 3200Mhz with no extra tweaking. then I ran a memory benchmark on passmark and was very suprised with the results :D 

the top hidden title is overall and the bottom hidden title is write speed 

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (34).png