Sound Card Question

CommanderCIank

This is probably a dumb question, but would there be any audible benefit to getting a sound card or a dav for a pair of beats solo hd's?

No. If you want better audio, get better headphones. Or don't, if you are happy with your current headphones.

Thanks for the quick response. I use them for gaming and music, I know they arn't the greatest for either but it's what I have for now. Any suggestions on a pair for 200 or under that are good for both? I'm a bit of a sucker for bass

13 minutes ago, CommanderCIank said:

Thanks for the quick response. I use them for gaming and music, I know they arn't the greatest for either but it's what I have for now. Any suggestions on a pair for 200 or under that are good for both? I'm a bit of a sucker for bass

New, $200 is a tricky price point to get better basshead cans that would also be an upgrade in sound quality. If you just want a lot of bass, you may look for the discontinued Sony XB500 or XB700 used or imported. The V-Moda Crossfade M100 would offer a sound quality upgrade while maintaining bass levels - again, used or on sale as it has an MSRP of $300. If you can live with smaller earcups, the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 should be in budget.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

New, $200 is a tricky price point to get better basshead cans that would also be an upgrade in sound quality. If you just want a lot of bass, you may look for the discontinued Sony XB500 or XB700 used or imported. The V-Moda Crossfade M100 would offer a sound quality upgrade while maintaining bass levels - again, used or on sale as it has an MSRP of $300. If you can live with smaller earcups, the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 should be in budget.

Awesome thanks! I'll look into those

1 minute ago, CommanderCIank said:

Awesome thanks! I'll look into those

Actually, I misread the solo as studio above. The solo will be easy to best in terms of quality - probably the most direct upgrade would be the LP2 I mentioned above. Prepare for vastly superior build quality as well.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Actually, I misread the solo as studio above. The solo will be easy to best in terms of quality - probably the most direct upgrade would be the LP2 I mentioned above. Prepare for vastly superior build quality as well.

Sweet that makes it even easier then much appreciated