Difference Between The 1070's

Retality

Hi, I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I seem stupid at times. But otherwise, I'm considering getting a 1070 this Christmas and all of my parts are compatible with it. But, I'm genuinely interested as to why the overclocked GeForce GTX 1070 is cheaper than the non overclocked 1070. I've attached a .png file to show you what I mean.

Clearly, the GTX 1070 OC performs a bit better than the ordinary 1070 but it's still cheaper too. Why is that?

1.png

what prices are you looking at? the OC versions normally cost a little bit more, and have rumours they are binned 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Am I allowed to link on this forum? If not, I just went onto google and put: msi gtx 1070 white and clicked on the first link which was the msi website. It brought me to the oc white version of the 1070 armor. If you go to 'buy' it it shows you prices and they seem to be lower than the normal 1070 by MSI

edit: I found the price on newegg or amazon. I couldn't remember (it shouldn't matter)

yeah I saw this too. was gonna pick one up but they ran out of stock pretty much everywhere (unless i want to play nearly $500 for it.. lol). I can't think of a good reason why it is cheaper, other than maybe that had more stock and have decided to put it on sale.