MSI 970A Carbon VS ASUS 970 Pro

Go to solution Solved by tlink,
Just now, TomatoKillMC said:

Ok, thanks. But, what about the software that comes with them? And the durability and quality?

the software that comes with them generally is quite shitty, no matter from who you buy. the firmware is the best on the asus one which technically also is software. most of the drivers for asus are fine, they work which is all you really need to know. they bundle some software with it that is cool but there are better free versions floating around. the software does often add some functionality that you can only get with that software but its often just a gimmick. for example an alert on your phone if your pc overheats or something. asus generally goes completely nuts when it comes to durability, their boards are really high quality and they use high quality components on their boards. lots of them are rebranded (supreme FX is just rebranded chip from realtec, they have some self branded VRM components that are just off the shelf parts) but this is a sign that they really focus on using high quality components which they can put their name on. generally what i hear from people is this: you can't go wrong with a motherboard from asus. the only complaint i've heart is that their customer service is bad but this obviously differs per region so its hard to judge.

7 minutes ago, TomatoKillMC said:

Ok, so quick question: For an AMD FX-8350 Black Edition CPU, which Motherboard is better?

MSI 970A GAMING PRO CARBON

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/970A-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html#hero-overview

OR

ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/overview/

Thanks! :D

I can't actually find a lot of reviews about  the msi mobo that are really indepth. the asus one is a really good one though, and it does have a better bios guaranteed.

http://www.overclockers.com/asus-970-pro-gaming-aura-motherboard-review/

Did you already buy the CPU? I would highly recommend getting an i5 6500 with a B150/H170 mobo instead of AMD or wait for Zen. 

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

Did you already buy the CPU? I would highly recommend getting an i5 6500 with a B150/H170 mobo instead of AMD or wait for Zen. 

I already have the CPU, and the Intel CPUs and Motherboards are seriously overpriced where I live! Plus, Amazon doesn't ship here... T_T

8 minutes ago, tlink said:

I can't actually find a lot of reviews about  the msi mobo that are really indepth. the asus one is a really good one though, and it does have a better bios guaranteed.

http://www.overclockers.com/asus-970-pro-gaming-aura-motherboard-review/

Ok, thanks. But, what about the software that comes with them? And the durability and quality?

Just now, TomatoKillMC said:

the software that comes with them generally is quite shitty, no matter from who you buy. the firmware is the best on the asus one which technically also is software. most of the drivers for asus are fine, they work which is all you really need to know. they bundle some software with it that is cool but there are better free versions floating around. the software does often add some functionality that you can only get with that software but its often just a gimmick. for example an alert on your phone if your pc overheats or something. asus generally goes completely nuts when it comes to durability, their boards are really high quality and they use high quality components on their boards. lots of them are rebranded (supreme FX is just rebranded chip from realtec, they have some self branded VRM components that are just off the shelf parts) but this is a sign that they really focus on using high quality components which they can put their name on. generally what i hear from people is this: you can't go wrong with a motherboard from asus. the only complaint i've heart is that their customer service is bad but this obviously differs per region so its hard to judge.

On 11/19/2016 at 2:41 PM, Strike105X said:

The asus one even drived a 8 Ghz oc on a FX8350/70, forgot where the link is, but yeah its not just for show its a very good motherboard.

Woah! Well.. That's amazing! Thanks for the information!