I need help with a 1060 3gb

Mustardnaut

Guys, with a GTX 1060 3gb, will i be able to play games for the next 2-3 years with it? i heard 3gb is not enough for it. I dont mind playing on med-high nor 30 fps.

If not, is there anything i can do except buying a new card? here in Brazil i used 1 and a half of my salary to pay for it.

I'm sorry about my english, portuguese is my native language.

Will you play on 1080p or will you play at higher resolutions

my advice: don't waste your money on the 3GB variant, pony up and get the 6GB model

there are already a few games that show increased (and over 3GB) VRAM usage - this trend will get worse, not better

at 1920x1080 high settings on most games a gtx 1060 3gb will suffice but if you can spend that extra money to get the 6gb version and make sure you OC it  

"The best chapter of Naruto is when Goku helps Pikachu to prevent Spider-Man to drown at the Titanic." 
"I have a fear that one day when I attempt to take a shit, the shit will take me instead." 
"You wouldn't have won, if I hadn't loss, man."     "If you give a man an apple it'll keep the doctor away, but if you teach a man to apple he becomes a doctor for life"