Project Achievement Get!

comicsansms

banner.png

Introduction

This is a build log of my computer, I am going to refer to it as Project Achievement Get.

My current computer consists of:

• FX 6300
  • Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
  • Avexir Core 2*4GB DDR3 in Blue
  • 4GB DDR3 with a heat spreaded
  • 120GB Kingston HyperX Fury
  • Samsung 850EVO 500GB
  • ASRock 970 Pro 3
  • Antec EA380
  • Open test bench thing.

I am going to reuse as much of my old build as possible, I just want to make a custom computer case because that would be a cool achievement (hence the name)

i have ideas in my head, but nothing final, so far I haven't designed anything in sketch up, but I have collected some texture for models I need, I should really start making those models.

I'll update when I have made models of the hardware I am going to use.

shud make a nice med tier gaming pc , looking forward to it

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, MrAwesomepants said:

You might want to invest in a new PSU, this one is tier 4.

It is a 'tier 3'. Earthwatts in general is a tier 4, mine is a Seasonic ET since it is one of the 1st models.

I am considering getting a new PSU, but I am not convinced as of now and it will add to the character of the build.

I have been messing around with overclocking my GPU.

My current setting is 1200MHz on core, +8% power, but I think that will fail. 

As of now, I am not planning to OC the FX 6300, my motherboard is really shitty.

I have also messed around with making 3D models of parts, turns out SSDs and PSUs are really easy to model, RAM is a pain but doable, and I have realised my 3D model of my "ATX motherboard" was incorrectly measured, so I have to start from the top. 

Buying $20 for paint for a small RAM heatsink is very steep, good thing I have electrical tape and perminate marker. 

The thing is, it doesn't have to be perfect, this DIMM will be inbetween the avexir cores, so the top only needs to look good. 

IMG20161117214853.jpg

IMG20161117214822.jpg

22 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

1200MHz on core, +8% power, but I think that will fail. 

my 270´s run on +20 and 1250mhz rock solid in CF , don't know how well 280´s clock tho , but always go powertarget to the max , helps a lot

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

11 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

my 270´s run on +20 and 1250mhz rock solid in CF , don't know how well 280´s clock tho , but always go powertarget to the max , helps a lot

I'll raise my power limit and try 1200MHz. 

• 2 weeks later...

banner.png Fun...

I have decided I want onboard audio, so last night I have opened a RMA claim for my ASSRock 970 PRO3 R2.0, until my claim is accepted I am stuck on a Core2 Duo 7300 @2.66GHz (and 6GB of RAM), I cannot OC I am on a (Very nice) Dell OEM motherboard, I am going to get a Quad Core  Xeon for that motherboard, but I haven't gotten around to that yet and if I ordered that today, I doubt it would be back before my motherboard gets replaced (again).

On every more of a frustrating end, my optical drive is also dead, it was making an awful noise and now it isn't reading disks, it also slightly scratched up my copy of GTA: SA.

Here are the pictures of my now current setup and CPU and RAM that I cannot use.

IMG20161126204703.jpg

IMG20161126204922.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

Rip DVD drive

It magically started working again. I just don't know sometimes. 

There has been progress on a the computer, but I am not going to spoil that yet (and I am missing some parts) 

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It magically started working again. I just don't know sometimes. 

There has been progress on a the computer, but I am not going to spoil that yet (and I am missing some parts) 

Well, un-rip

i like trains 🙂

banner.png

Update 17/12/1016

Gee I wish I had more of a plan when I started this build log, so then you wouldn't know what hardware I would be using.  

Honestly I don't know what I will be using either other than a lot of my old stuff is going to go.

I have found a piece of Glass I can use for my case, I don't know how I am going to attach it, but the case should look something like this*:

Screenshot (83).png

*Hardware in the image is just a representation on what it may look like and not what will actually be in the computer. I cannot read this text since anti-aliasing on my laptop is turned off so any errors in this disclaimer are not  deliberate.