1060 bottleneck?

blackdaimon

hey guys!

so long story short my old graphics card saphire radeon hd 6790 died?! (it splits my screen in halfish with some trembling horizontal lines here and there and when i try to place the card on an other pc it crashes and doesnt even boot up)

so since that one died i was thinking of buying an evga 1060 and i wanted to ask if ill have any bottleneck situation on my pc.

here are the specs

MOBA : gigabyte b85-hd3

CPU : i3-4330

RAM: 2x4 gb corsair vengeance

PSU: corsair RM750 or GS700

GPU: ???

my idea is that in the near future ill upgrade my pc maybe buy an i7 and 8gb more ram and maybe if absolutely necessary replace my moba also.

therefore, since im in need for a graphics card, that i would like to keep and not having to spend more money for a new one later on, i came to the conclusion that maybe a 1060 would be a good option.

an other question id like to ask is what is the difference between the 3gb and the 6gb one, is it worth the 50 extra bucks?

what is your guys opinion?

thanks in advance :)

The 1060 6GB is definitely worth it over the 3GB card. You will have a small bottleneck but nothing too serious and when you upgrade to and current or even last gen i7 the bottleneck will be virtually gone and I reccomend the RM750 over the GS although you won't need that much wattage but it is good to have a comfortable amount of headroom.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

thank you very much for you reply. i think ill go and buy one then :) 

cheers!

it depends on the game but yes it will bottleneck in modern games. I get 50~ish fps in battlefield 1 at medium settings 1080p. 

The 1060 is able to run BF1 at 1440p 60fps with ultra settings if you have a nice cpu.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

hello again!

I just wanted to inform you guys that i bought the evga 1060 6gb superclocked, and i couldnt be more happy! the card is a beast !

im playing overwatch at 60-70fps with all settings on epic! i never thought i could do that !

so thank you very much for your replies!

cheers!