Asrock mobos trustable?

Hi!

I saw asrock mobos, they are way cheaper then the others. my question is Are they trustable?. 

i checked this:

Asrock Fatal1ty x79 Professional.

It looks real great and awsome, i like red mobos.

So is it trustable?, do it have good sound/ high quality/ OC safe?. 

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

They are trust-able for everything but heavy overclocking. Like, LN2/Dry Ice kind of overclocking.

For everything else, they work fine and are trust-able. 

The reason they aren't good for extreme overclocking is because ASRock has lower quality VRM (Voltage Regulator Modules) on their boards and so the power delivery is iffy at extreme levels making stable overclocks hard. 

So yes, they are trust-able for 99% of the population. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

They are average-good quality (depending on the motherboard) I recommend you get something from Asus, Msi or gigabyte

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

okay. SO which is the highest clock i would get with it froma 4930k?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

and is the quality good?

Oh. 

Well, the Haswell CPU's have the VRM on their dies IIRC. So that isn't a concern. You would probably hit a wall with any motherboard as the CPU itself would be the limiter regardless. So probably 4.2GHz. As that's the "wall" for the 4670k. Not sure about the 4930k. Haven't seen any overclocks regarding it.

and is the quality good?

Define "Quality". Quality of what? The Onboard audio? Great. The NIC? Good. (less than great, but better than "ok") Everything else? Fine (acceptable) and not different from any other motherboard that is less than $250.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Oh. 

Well, the Haswell CPU's have the VRM on their dies IIRC. So that isn't a concern. You would probably hit a wall with any motherboard as the CPU itself would be the limiter regardless. So probably 4.2GHz. As that's the "wall" for the 4670k. Not sure about the 4930k. Haven't seen any overclocks regarding it.

Define "Quality". Quality of what? The Onboard audio? Great. The NIC? Good. (less than great, but better than "ok") Everything else? Fine (acceptable) and not different from any other motherboard that is less than $250.

what is NIC?

also would it be a better choice then a Asus rampage iv formula?

tell me the differences if u can?

what is NIC?

also would it be a better choice then a Asus rampage iv formula?

tell me the differences if u can?

NIC - Network Interface Card.

It would be better only in price. I would guess they'd perform the same. The actual features, I have no idea on, but usually it doesn't matter as most people will not need 8-10 SATA3 ports and stuff like that.

† Christian Member †

NIC - Network Interface Card.

It would be better only in price. I would guess they'd perform the same. The actual features, I have no idea on, but usually it doesn't matter as most people will not need 8-10 SATA3 ports and stuff like that.

well.

so both are the same? but from other manufacturers?

So NIC, why do i need a good NIC? whats the differnce between a bad and a good one?

also when i mean quality, i mean that its not made of low quality stuff... it dont go broke so fast. and also its features

Haswell is going to be the limiting factor. I would expect anything from 4.2-4.7GHz. You will need a pretty good cooler for the overclocks though. I have owned both Asrock and Asus, both served me well, but asus usually has a higher level of quality. 

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Haswell is going to be the limiting factor. I would expect anything from 4.2-4.7GHz. You will need a pretty good cooler for the overclocks though. I have owned both Asrock and Asus, both served me well, but asus usually has a higher level of quality. 

I only will overclock so my CPU wont be outdated so soon. i want it to last 3-4 years with 2 way sli from 880s from nvidia or radeon cards. i will only overclock to the speed with is requied by the cards.. so i wont race with other like "who can reach 5 ghz first"

well.

so both are the same? but from other manufacturers?

So NIC, why do i need a good NIC? whats the differnce between a bad and a good one?

also when i mean quality, i mean that its not made of low quality stuff... it dont go broke so fast. and also its features

Both companies you run the risk of getting a defective part, but as far as longevity they both should last under normal use. I will say that Asus SupremeFX is pretty nice for an onboard audio. Plus, Intel's gigabit LAN is awesome.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Both companies you run the risk of getting a defective part, but as far as longevity they both should last under normal use. I will say that Asus SupremeFX is pretty nice for an onboard audio. Plus, Intel's gigabit LAN is awesome.

in sweden Rampage 4 formula costs like 50 euro more then the fatality card. is it worth getting asus then more then that asrock card?

in sweden Rampage 4 formula costs like 50 euro more then the fatality card. is it worth getting asus then more then that asrock card?

If you have the money, I would definitely go for the rampage iv formula. 

If you have the money, I would definitely go for the rampage iv formula. 

ok thx for ur opinion!

ASRock makes quality products, I have built 9 systems so far with ASRock mobos and not a single one has failed, even while overclocked.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]