Ext. Offset goes High : BF1

Acea_

Hello,

I've bought Battlefield 1 Ultimate 2 days ago. I'm issuing a lot of lags IG. These are connection problems because I've constant 60 fps.

The netgraph tells that the Ext. Offset goes high and causes lag spikes : The game rollbacks every 15-20 seconds. My ping is constant <40, I use wifi 2.4Ghz and I'm near my router. Some people only get this issue on 64 players servers but for me, it even happens on empty ones. On one evening, the problem disapeared : I could play fine without Ext. Offset spikes.

I have tried a lot of things to solve that lag problem : de-activating my antivirus, connect by ethernet, closing all programs and more.

I don't know what to do and I hope that I didn't waste 120 euros...

What can I do to stop this?

Looking forward to your answers,

Desktop 10.22.2016 - 18.23.36.02.png

Desktop 10.22.2016 - 18.23.30.01.png

First thing you should do is file a report with EA. The game is extremely recent and has noticeable hit detection bugs among other things

Why would the anti-virus take up internet? it might be some interference with the 2.4GHz WIFI, even if you are close to the router can still be bad, are you able to use 5GHz? but still on Ethernet? it could be the region or the servers being slammed. The game runs fine for me with 20-40 ping.

Try running in windowed mode with windows task manger open watching the network usage to see if anything is taking up speed wile gaming, check wile on the desktop also.

What's your internet speed?

Also check to make sure you meet the min/rec specs for bf1

Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent

Memory: 16GB RAM

Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB

DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Available Disk Space: 50GB

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

Processor : Intel i5 4690

Memory : 8Gb

Graphic card : GTX 970 4Gb

DirectX : 12

Connection : 40 Mbps download/4 Mbps upload

Diskspace : 200 Go free (SSD)

I tried in windowed with task manager and bf1 is the only program using internet.

• 1 month later...

Having the exact same problem. Have tried the suggestions above with no resolution...

Even if your ping was 10ms, you are playing a very demanding game through wifi. 
Any wireless network is half duplex, meaning you can only send or receive data but not both at the same time.
switch to ethernet and you will see a HUGE improvement.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire