Best voice over software

I am trying to start doing reviews. While I have the game play recorded and the script written, I am not sure what software to use to perform the voice over work so that I have coherent thoughts overlapping the video instead of trying to perform live commentary where it is a bunch of "Uhms" and "Uhs". Any advice is very much welcomed.

1 minute ago, AverageHardware said:

Audacity.

This but often you can also do it directly in your editing program of choice, just to make your workflow easier.

12 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

This but often you can also do it directly in your editing program of choice, just to make your workflow easier.

I don't have any editing software of choice yet. I have used Camtasia software in the past which was pretty easy, but I was thinking I would use the El Gato software that came with the recording gpu

Just now, Jv2391 said:

I don't have any editing software of choice yet. I have used Camtasia software in the past which was pretty easy, but I was thinking I would use the El Gato software that came with the recording gpu

Those are both pretty eh in terms of what you can do with your video. If you can afford it something like Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas would be ideal, but there are some nice free options as well.

3 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Those are both pretty eh in terms of what you can do with your video. If you can afford it something like Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas would be ideal, but there are some nice free options as well.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!