Computer Crashes and Error messages

BurblingBarbacoa

Hi. Before I start let me just state that I have made sure that my hardware is intact (eg. loose memory, overheating components, etc.) and that I have checked my drivers. Also turned on and off and reset of course. 

My computer has been struggling o some fairly mundane tasks. It has been randomly shutting down my chrome windows (with about a maximum of 30 tabs open recently) and my games mid-use either without an explanation or with a messsage stating that the close was a result of a lack of memory space. I have 16gb of ram and this shouldn't be an issue. Shortly after this, most, but not all of the time, my computer either slows down to an unusable speed and needs a restart or just freezes and crashes. Even after all programs have been closed in task manager. Also during video editing the freezes are very common now and trying to render is a instant crash. I keep a very clean computerso I'm doubtful that this is a virus of some sort or dust buildup that is causign components to overheat. I clean my computer both physically and software wise every month and ru antivirus and computer maintenance and protection software from trend micro. 

These problems have only started in the last 2 weeks max. Any help? 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

Have you run a memtest?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

20 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Have you run a memtest?

No. Can you provide a link?

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

I say memtest, but it's the windows memory diagnostic tool in windows 10 if that's what you're using. You just type that in after clicking the start button. Will need to restart and let it test your RAM

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

16 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

I say memtest, but it's the windows memory diagnostic tool in windows 10 if that's what you're using. You just type that in after clicking the start button. Will need to restart and let it test your RAM

thx. Ill run it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

17 hours ago, meenmeen1103 said:

I ran it and no problems or errors were found according to the test. Where should I go from here? 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X