CAM software hogging your resources.

HeyGuys

So I've been using CAM (from NZXT) as my main temp/load monitor tool ever since I got my dual x61's. Now since it's starting to become colder here I'm overclocking my CPU/GPU. For testing my GPU I was using Heaven and CAM to monitor temps. But since CAM would bug out and freeze I started using MSI Afterburner.

First thing I noticed was the HUGE improvement in performance. So I figured I'd do some more testing. 

My test:

I'm running my i7 4790K at 4.6GHz (1.250V) and my EVGA 780ti SC at 87°C temp goal, +70MHz clock and +200MHz memory.

With both of these overclocks I ran a Heaven benchmark test. Once with CAM open and once with CAM closed. This was the result.

bUPI6XI.png

So yea, I'm not going to use CAM anymore to monitor my temps/loads.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"