GX500 vs GX505 vs Z3 Plus

datho

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a new programming and virtualization PC soon and I need your advice.

I'm looking into buying a budget case for my new PC as I don't really care about the look of my machine.

Which one is better in your opinion: Antec's GX500, Antec's GX505 or Zalman's Z3 Plus?

The Z3 P has 4 included fans (which is a great advantage for me) but offers simpler fan controller (low-high) compared to the GX500 2 switches (low-off-high) controller and the GX505 one switch controller (low-off-high).

The Z3 P's front dust filter seems to be hard to detach according to some reviews I saw. However, it offers a really cool multi guide which can be used to support big GPU's or installing a fan.

I have no idea what's the real difference between GX500 and GX505 expect the the GX500 offers a better fan controller. 

I'll be happy to hear your recommendations on one of those cases, or any other case which is in the $60 range, and includes at least 3 case fans.

Thanks!

With that price point I'd go for the NZXT S340

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146190

Out of those though, I'd pick the GX505 unless you need all four fans from the Z3 Plus (which you probably don't)

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

29 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

The Zalman is ugly af

too be honest I think the white version pretty cool :D

29 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

With that price point I'd go for the NZXT S340

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146190

Out of those though, I'd pick the GX505 unless you need all four fans from the Z3 Plus (which you probably don't)

this case is pretty expensive compared to the 3 I mentioned... In addition I don't like it's look.

I don't know if I need 4 system fans, my PC is not intended for gaming, it's for programming and virtualization. It has 6700K though..

41 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

The Zalman is ugly af

That's very debatable, it's a subjective matter.

8 minutes ago, datho said:

this case is pretty expensive compared to the 3 I mentioned... In addition I don't like it's look.

I don't know if I need 4 system fans, my PC is not intended for gaming, it's for programming and virtualization. It has 6700K though..

Zalman Z3 Plus has one huge flaw (I know that, I have that case at my house unused, the white windowed version): You cannot put an AIO at the top of the case. There's just no space for that, you'd have to ghetto-mod it to fit a 240mm rad. A thin one.

Have you considered Phanteks P400? It looks gorgeous imho and is pretty affordable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

That's very debatable, it's a subjective matter.

Zalman Z3 Plus has one huge flaw (I know that, I have that case at my house unused, the white windowed version): You cannot put an AIO at the top of the case. There's just no space for that, you'd have to ghetto-mod it to fit a 240mm rad. A thin one.

Have you considered Phanteks P400? It looks gorgeous imho and is pretty affordable.

Interesting... Although I'm not planning on buying a water cooler anytime soon, it might be a drawback that might change my mind. I'll see if Antec's cases do support water coolers.

The Phanteks case looks great but i doesn't available in any local store sadly.

In the bottom line, do you think the Z3 P is a good case compared to Antec's one? Thanks! :)

1 minute ago, datho said:

Interesting... Although I'm not planning on buying a water cooler anytime soon, it might be a drawback that might change my mind. I'll see if Antec's cases do support water coolers.

The Phanteks case looks great but i doesn't available in any local store sadly.

In the bottom line, do you think the Z3 P is a good case compared to Antec's one? Thanks! :)

Those Antec ones look pretty small, I'd avoid them imho. Where are you from? Maybe there are other alternatives.

Z3 Plus is good for the price (usually, depends on the location as prices may vary), has pretty good airflow and aside of the flaw that I mentioned earlier, it's also made out of relatively cheap components (hence the price), so unless there really are no alternatives I'd get the Z3 Plus.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Those Antec ones look pretty small, I'd avoid them imho. Where are you from? Maybe there are other alternatives.

Z3 Plus is good for the price (usually, depends on the location as prices may vary), has pretty good airflow and aside of the flaw that I mentioned earlier, it's also made out of relatively cheap components (hence the price), so unless there really are no alternatives I'd get the Z3 Plus.

I from Israel, and there aren't many alternatives. Here is a list of cases from the store I'm probably going to buy the PC, if you can and want to take a look. It's mostly English so I guess you can browse it. The maximum price I'm willing to pay is 300ILS. Thanks you very much for your help.

30 minutes ago, datho said:

I from Israel, and there aren't many alternatives. Here is a list of cases from the store I'm probably going to buy the PC, if you can and want to take a look. It's mostly English so I guess you can browse it. The maximum price I'm willing to pay is 300ILS. Thanks you very much for your help.

Would this be an option?

http://www.plonter.com/detail.tmpl?sku=P9-Window

It's a little bit out of my budget, but if it's really good I'll consider buying it.

Thanks you very much, you are awesome.

1 minute ago, datho said:

It's a little bit out of my budget, but if it's really good I'll consider buying it.

Thanks you very much, you are awesome.

I think it's just better than the alternatives, it seems to only be a bit more :)

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

I think it's just better than the alternatives, it seems to only be a bit more :)

Yeah, your'e right. I'm willing to put $30 more if it's really a better product and it seems to be the case.

Thank you again, much appreciated.