TX3 Evo question

UncL
Go to solution Solved by deadaccount69,

Yep. If your willing to endure slightly higher temps you could probably get that with the stock cooler.

I just want to ask if Tx3 Evo is good enough to keep cpu under reasonable temps ( my cpu is i5 750 ). I dont want to push it really hard ( around 3~3.2ghz max )

My mobo is gigabyte ga-p55-us3l rev 1 ( BIOS F1 )

Thanks

Yep. If your willing to endure slightly higher temps you could probably get that with the stock cooler.

5 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

Thanks.Btw is there any need to update bios in order to oc or i cant leave it like it is ?

2 minutes ago, UncL said:

Thanks.Btw is there any need to update bios in order to oc or i cant leave it like it is ?

No idea but I doubt you'll need to do anything. I'm sure you can just overclock it as is. It's not a bad idea to update the firmware either way though.

1 minute ago, ryan27968 said:

No idea but I doubt you'll need to do anything. I'm sure you can just overclock it as is. It's not a bad idea to update the firmware either way though.

I just heard it "very risky".Anyway thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, UncL said:

I just heard it "very risky".Anyway thanks for the help.

Not very risky at all. Just make sure your PC is on a ups and you don't do anything stupid like suddenly turning it off and you should be fine.

1 minute ago, ryan27968 said:

Not very risky at all. Just make sure your PC is on a ups and you don't do anything stupid like suddenly turning it off and you should be fine.

Sadly i dont own/use a ups >.<

How often do you get power outages? If it's not that often then I would personally just take the risk. But yeah you probably don't need to to overclock anyway.

40 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

How often do you get power outages? If it's not that often then I would personally just take the risk. But yeah you probably don't need to to overclock anyway.

Power outages are not quiet often ( except if the weather is really bad, theres a little chance of having power break ).I just thought since i dont have the bugdet to upgrade,oc would be a good alternative.