Poor Graphics card performance

Cwesolo

Ok so I have a GTX 970 and I've had it for about 6 months and for some weird reason it'll work just fine for a little while then it'll be weird and top out at 405 MHz when the card is rated for 1500MHz. I have the gigabyte Extreme gaming 970. Can someone help me fix this issue?

do you have your card oc? thats usually a problem with unstable oc that dont quite crash, so are locked to 2d clocks until restarted

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Okay yeah you're right. But valley benchmark says my graphics card is running at 1531MHz Msi afterburner says its at stock and so does the gigabyte software. So how do I fix this?

Then the Gigabyte software says its running at 1405MHz and afterburner says the same thing.

40 to 50 degrees c. I rarely see them in the 60s or 70s

1 hour ago, Cwesolo said:

Okay yeah you're right. But valley benchmark says my graphics card is running at 1531MHz Msi afterburner says its at stock and so does the gigabyte software. So how do I fix this?

Do not trust Valley for clock speeds. It's very bad at tracking it. Afterburner, GPU-Z, and the gigabyte software are correct.

Alternatively, the 3DMark demo does track clock speeds correctly.