Hyper evo 212, Can't get the mount bracket in to where it is stable !! please Help !!!

THENIXSTER1975

Hi guys, Thank you in advance for your help, I am making the jump all the way from an AMD FX 6300 to an i7 sky lake (6700k).   i am trying to install a hyper evo 212, but i cannot get the mount bracket in to where it is firm.   I am afraid it is going to fall off along with cooler.   I tried mounting it over the little pin but everything still seems lose to me.

Thanks for your help

are you sure you are using the intel backplate? 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

@bgibbz....I have not got that far yet,  Fed ex is supposed to be bringing my motherboard today. i am just trying to get everything ready.      Thank you so much for your reply.       When i put the little mounting thing with the 4 spring screws in the cooler, i just seems like everything will fall out when i get this done.

The 212 evo requires a scary amount of force to get the screws in... It will go, just be careful :D 
Also make sure the pin is in the hole.

I can get the cooler over the large pin, it is the little pin that worries me.    Once again, thanks for your help .  You guys are great.

If you don't have the motherboard yet it'll seem very unstable. Once you get everything put together it should be better.

You guys are incredible.   I got it installed, no real issues.    Once you install it onto the motherboard it becomes stable.    From someone installing a hyper evo 212 for the first time, it just looks like it would fall apart.

I have always used junky  stock coolers which are pretty easy to install, on the Intel i7 6700k however, a stock cooler is simply not an option.

5 hours ago, THENIXSTER1975 said:

You guys are incredible.   I got it installed, no real issues.    Once you install it onto the motherboard it becomes stable.    From someone installing a hyper evo 212 for the first time, it just looks like it would fall apart.

I have always used junky  stock coolers which are pretty easy to install, on the Intel i7 6700k however, a stock cooler is simply not an option.

The thing with coolers is that mobo is very thick. Mounting looks like it isn't tight at all when you try it without mobo. But after you add almost 5cm of plastic and metal in between, it all comes really tight. Almost to the point where screws are hard to get tight.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm............Yes with the Hyper evo 212, you have to go against the rules of not using excessive force or forcing again, to get everything screwed in.