Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by Unexas.,
Just now, Puhtutz said:

the vvcp or something was set to 1.8 something bolts i think, boosted it to 1.9 still nothing now going for 2 v

I am pretty sure you are changing the wrong thing. You need to be changing core voltage. stock should be around 1 or 1.1 i can't remember. 

Just now, Puhtutz said:

the vvcp or something was set to 1.8 something bolts i think, boosted it to 1.9 still nothing now going for 2 v

I am pretty sure you are changing the wrong thing. You need to be changing core voltage. stock should be around 1 or 1.1 i can't remember. 

oh ok

Ha! Did it! Thanks to everybody (especially @Unexas.) for help! Still don't know if it was the XMP switch or voltage but I'm up and running! 

Thanks,

Peter.

1 minute ago, Puhtutz said:

Ha! Did it! Thanks to everybody (especially @Unexas.) for help! Still don't know if it was the XMP switch or voltage but I'm up and running! 

Thanks,

Peter.

Now that you have that figured out you can keep going up with your clock speed to get higher performance you just need to add voltage. So if you bump up to lets say 4.2 and its not stable you have a choice to go back down to the previous stable clock or add more voltage and go higher. 

Just now, Unexas. said:

Now that you have that figured out you can keep going up with your clock speed to get higher performance you just need to add voltage.

Eh, might probably do that later, now I'm off having a victory wank  don't wanna break something again.