My New Build

Hello,

I am looking to build a new personal computer.

Below i will attach a pc part picker link with the parts i am thinking of using and if you have any comments or suggestions that will help me, then please do.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/FVqn6X

I am building a new pc because my current one is going on 5 years old and i cant get good FPS in some of the games i play and definitely cant stream them.

Info.

Australian Dollars

Budget of $2400 - $2800 more if its needed

I game mostly ARMA 2 and 3, CSGO, CIV 5, Witcher 3, all the Battlefield games.

Would also like to start streaming and up loading to youtube.

I already have an SSD its a Samsung 500GB, this is enough at the moment.

The 1080 GPU is a must.

Monitors. At the moment i have a BenQ XL2411T and a samsung 24inch LCD. I will upgrade these to 4k monitors when they come down in price.

Already have mouse and keyboard.

The case in the list is the one i want. Colour could change.

As for brands i like main brand names for peace of mind.

Questions. (im a noob)

Is overclocking worth it?

Im nervous about me building it since it costs alot of money. What would my local computer store charge to build? and yes i have looked online and watched alot of build guides

but it still makes me think a professional would get more out of the parts. If you know what i mean.

Should i just save my money for a house or new car? lol F that.

Thanks,

Joel

That's a lot of money for Windows.

You Don’t Need a Product Key to Install and Use Windows 10

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Since you are already spending so much money i would ditch the AIO, get a cheaper aircooler like the hyper 212, a cheaper non Z motherboard and a locked i7 6700 (that does mean you lose the ability to do CPU overclocking).

Also 850w is overkill unless you are planning on running SLI. ~600w is what i would take.

5 minutes ago, Mulface said:

Hello,

Below i will attach a pc part picker link with the parts i am thinking of using and if you have any comments or suggestions that will help me, then please do.

I am building a new pc because my current one is going on 5 years old and i cant get good FPS in some of the games i play and definitely cant stream them.

Info.

Australian Dollars

The 1080 GPU is a must.

Monitors. At the moment i have a BenQ XL2411T and a samsung 24inch LCD. I will upgrade these to 4k monitors when they come down in price.

Questions. (im a noob)

Im nervous about me building it since it costs alot of money. What would my local computer store charge to build? and yes i have looked online and watched alot of build guides

but it still makes me think a professional would get more out of the parts. If you know what i mean.

Thanks,

Joel

Your build is good just buy a windows 10 home edition instead of pro to same some money because you probably don't need the pro features if you are using it just for gaming.

7 minutes ago, Mulface said:

Hello,

Info.

Australian Dollars

The 1080 GPU is a must.

Questions. (im a noob)

Thanks,

Joel

get the OS from a key site like G2A for example, it's ALOT cheaper.

overclocking is worth it..... free performance boost right there.

build it yourself. computer shops will charge more since labour costs are included etc etc. and it super easy anyway.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you are only going to game on it and you want to save a few $$ i would recommend an i5 6600K instead of the I7 6700K As it packs a good punch and you can even overclock it if you feel like it. also get cheaper windows. like reedem keys of some sites. Save some dollars, just because you have them doesnt mean you have to spend all of them. Good luck with your build!

8 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

get the OS from a key site like G2A for example, it's ALOT cheaper.

It is also Illegal and goes against Microsoft's Terms Of Service:

Software License 8. Software License. Unless accompanied by a separate Microsoft license agreement (for example, if you are using a Microsoft application that is included with and a part of Windows, then the Windows Software License Terms govern such software), and except as provided in section 14(b)(i) below for applications available through the Office Store, the Windows Store or the Xbox Store, any software provided by us to you as part of the Services is subject to these Terms.

a. If you comply with these Terms, we grant you the right to install and use one copy of the software per device on a worldwide basis for use by only one person at a time as part of your use of the Services. The software or website that is part of the Services may include third-party code. Any third-party scripts or code, linked to or referenced from the software or website, are licensed to you by the third parties that own such code, not by Microsoft. Notices, if any, for the third-party code are included for your information only.

b. The software is licensed, not sold, and Microsoft reserves all rights to the software not expressly granted by Microsoft, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. This license does not give you any right to, and you may not:

i. circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the software or Services;

iv. publish, copy, rent, lease, sell, export, import, distribute, or lend the software or the Services, unless Microsoft expressly authorizes you to do so;

v. transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use the Services;

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($465.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($155.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($267.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($112.00 @ IJK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($979.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Mwave Australia) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.00 @ CPL Online) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($238.00 @ Umart) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($18.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($18.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 71.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($33.00 @ Umart) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 71.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($33.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $2674.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-17 05:59 AEST+1000

The fans are optional.

2 hours ago, CosmicButterGuy said:

It is also Illegal and goes against Microsoft's Terms Of Service:

Software License 8. Software License. Unless accompanied by a separate Microsoft license agreement (for example, if you are using a Microsoft application that is included with and a part of Windows, then the Windows Software License Terms govern such software), and except as provided in section 14(b)(i) below for applications available through the Office Store, the Windows Store or the Xbox Store, any software provided by us to you as part of the Services is subject to these Terms.

a. If you comply with these Terms, we grant you the right to install and use one copy of the software per device on a worldwide basis for use by only one person at a time as part of your use of the Services. The software or website that is part of the Services may include third-party code. Any third-party scripts or code, linked to or referenced from the software or website, are licensed to you by the third parties that own such code, not by Microsoft. Notices, if any, for the third-party code are included for your information only.

b. The software is licensed, not sold, and Microsoft reserves all rights to the software not expressly granted by Microsoft, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. This license does not give you any right to, and you may not:

i. circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the software or Services;

iv. publish, copy, rent, lease, sell, export, import, distribute, or lend the software or the Services, unless Microsoft expressly authorizes you to do so;

v. transfer the software, any software licenses, or any rights to access or use the Services;

LOL. i've bought so many keys off G2A and what's wrong with it?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 hours ago, SeanAngelo said:

LOL. i've bought so many keys off G2A and what's wrong with it?

Did you realize that I posted the part Section 8 of Microsoft's TOS in that comment and bolded the key points?

5 hours ago, Mulface said:

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a student?

9 hours ago, rm -rf said:

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a student?

Thanks.

No, I work full time.

OP, that's a good looking build, just get the Home version of Win 10 and as CosmicButterGuy says, get it from a reputable source, just my 2 cents worth, but it's not worth the risk otherwise.

As for building it yourself, go for it! there's plenty of help here or elsewhere online if you need it.

Love not hate