Help with Mobos

HardMaster

Hi , i'm going to build a black/blue themed PC and need help choosing between 2 motherboards :

MSI Z170A SLI PLUS VS ASUS Z170-A

Notes:

1# They cost the same (in my country).

2# I'm going to overclock.

3# I would like to keep the Black/Blue theme.

For the rest of the parts : PCPARTPICKER

from around my personal circle everyone says you can't go wrong with asus mobo, and their uefi is the best i've ever seen, especially for overclocking. so i would say the asus one, if you really want to keep the color scheme you can always paint the heatsinks etc a different colour like linus did with that one video card.

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

from around my personal circle everyone says you can't go wrong with asus mobo, and their uefi is the best i've ever seen, especially for overclocking. so i would say the asus one, if you really want to keep the color scheme you can always paint the heatsinks etc a different colour like linus did with that one video card.

Nice point , i have some experience with ASUS mobos, and from the price/performance point of view the ASUS mobo has way more features.

1 hour ago, HardMaster said:

For the rest of the parts : PCPARTPICKER

You don't need a 750W psu, unless you're planning to SLI in the future in w/c case you need to upgrade to an i7 anyway to prevent bottlenecking. The 550W G2 is enough even with overclocking.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud