NZXT S340 case with gtx 1070 and Corsair H100i V2 help

Morgiee

Hi all as you can ell by the title im in a dilemma.  Got the Enthoo pro case but its far too big!! so was looking for the same style case but smaller.  Alot of good reviews for the NZXT S340 case as its small and fits most watercooling kits.  Even seen a review video on linus tech tips youtube page on a very similar build.  My concern is clearance:

Gpu length: 270mm

Cpu cooler thickness with fans attatched: 2.2" or 55.88mm 

total 325.88mm

According to nzxt website:  " GPU Clearance With Radiator: 334mm

So not much room.  but i want the same style case, but smaller (for a small bedroom) but still fit a gigabyte gtx 1070 foundation edition gpu, Corsair H100i v2 cooler.

Has anyone managed to achieve this setup in this case or suggestions an a slightly longer case but ideally not much bigger.  

Thanks 

The specification that mentions clearance with a rad already takes the rad into account. 

It will fit fine. The clearance you should be looking at if you're taking the rad thickness into account is the clearance without a rad which is 364mm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for your reply. yeah your right but i will be cutting it close as the length of the gtx 970 used in the video is shorter than the 1070.  Also no so keen on having the rad suck in hot air to the gpu and relying on 2 120mm fans to exhaust it out.  So even though its bigger than the s340 but smaller than the Enthoo pro enthusiast case the H440 has better clearance and potentially being able to to mount the dual rad on the top exhausting all hot air out. the case has more fans on the front for better cool air.   

Sorry to keep changing the goal posts to meet my computer requirements this case seems to tick all the boxes except one question.  

Has anyone successfully mounted a 240mm liquid cooler to the top of this case?  My cooler is a H100i V2?

Case

Corsair Carbide 100R

Thanks 

cor case.jpg

6 hours ago, Morgiee said:

Thanks for your reply. yeah your right but i will be cutting it close as the length of the gtx 970 used in the video is shorter than the 1070.  Also no so keen on having the rad suck in hot air to the gpu and relying on 2 120mm fans to exhaust it out.  So even though its bigger than the s340 but smaller than the Enthoo pro enthusiast case the H440 has better clearance and potentially being able to to mount the dual rad on the top exhausting all hot air out. the case has more fans on the front for better cool air.   

The H440 has much worse airflow than the S340. 

If you want better temps, go with the S340 instead unless you need the space to mount larger rads. 

Having a rad intake will warm air up a bit but it's far from hot and will be fine for the graphics card.

3 hours ago, Morgiee said:

Sorry to keep changing the goal posts to meet my computer requirements this case seems to tick all the boxes except one question.  

Has anyone successfully mounted a 240mm liquid cooler to the top of this case?  My cooler is a H100i V2?

Case

Corsair Carbide 100R

The 100R would work fine but it's more restrictive than the S340 for airflow. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The H440 has much worse airflow than the S340. 

If you want better temps, go with the S340 instead unless you need the space to mount larger rads. 

Having a rad intake will warm air up a bit but it's far from hot and will be fine for the graphics card.

The 100R would work fine but it's more restrictive than the S340 for airflow. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Cheers no worries it's just don't want to keep getting cases to find they are no good or won't fit how much restriction had the 100R got as it has 2 5.25 drives which I ideally need.