is this worth it?

ralphisevil

I'm not sure if this is a steal for its price but someone in my area is selling his g3258 + asus h81m mobo + 500 seagate hdd 7200rpm + 4 gigs ddr3 kingstom hyperx ram for 120$

Is this a good deal? I'm planning to use it for playing dota 2

Well yeah it is. Actually your saving more than 70$. Ram tough, jeez, thats well pathetic for nowadays :P. Youll be using most of it, most of the time when playing Dota 2.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, ralphisevil said:

Its 2nd hand btw. he used it for 3 months already

2nd hand or not,if it works then it's a steal

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well yeah it is. Actually your saving more than 70$. Ram tough, jeez, thats well pathetic for nowadays :P. Youll be using most of it, most of the time when playing Dota 2.

Would it pose a problem if I want to upgrade it to 8 gigs? I mean i just need to buy 1 more pair of 4 gigs ddr3 kingstom hyperx right?

Just now, ralphisevil said:

-snip-

Depends. Is that 4GB ram in a single dimm stick or is it two 2GB dimms? If its two 2GB dimms, you need to replace it with two 4GB dimms. If its a single 4GB dimm, just get another 4GB dimm.

Groomlake Authority

Sounds like a good deal

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Depends. Is that 4GB ram in a single dimm stick or is it two 2GB dimms? If its two 2GB dimms, you need to replace it with two 4GB dimms. If its a single 4GB dimm, just get another 4GB dimm.

I got confused. I think its just a 4gb single stick. It did not came from an 8gb pack with 2 4gb sticks.

1 minute ago, ralphisevil said:

-snip-

If its a single 4GB stick then do get it all. An extra stick shouldnt be too expensive, about 3-4 takeaway meals pricing xd.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

If its a single 4GB stick then do get it all. An extra stick shouldnt be too expensive, about 3-4 takeaway meals pricing xd.

Sorry im not really that computer parts knowledgeable. I just watching stuff on youtube. Just to be sure. I can jsut buy another 4gb single stick to make it 8gb right?

Just now, ralphisevil said:

-snip-

Yeah you can, altough its preferable to have the same stick of ram, for same latency, speed and power comsuption and to prevent any eventual crash due to unsimilarities of memory.

Groomlake Authority

Thank you so much for every comments here. I'm gonna snag that deal before anyone else gets it,

7 minutes ago, ralphisevil said:

Sorry im not really that computer parts knowledgeable. I just watching stuff on youtube. Just to be sure. I can jsut buy another 4gb single stick to make it 8gb right?

you can mix and match ddr3 sticks of any capacity, speed, timing but not voltage. although its best to have it the same to prevent any possible issues, but you can still mix and match it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W