MSI Kombustor

clementk

ok so what i wanted to find out is if MSI Kombustor is as bad a furmark on GPU's ? was running in on burn-in and GPU was getting to 90C and only went down when i put fan on MAX.

Needs Update

I use Kombustor I like it. So its bad because it got your gpu to 90C? Im confused sorry. 

no i meen like is it like wen you use Prime95 on CPU that wen on normal load would never get that temps?

Needs Update

when playing Crysis 3 on Max i get 70-80 C that is same as stock temps still using stock Voltage 

Needs Update

Kombustor basically makes your GPU produces as much heat as it can, it's not practical to leave it on for a long period of time. If you were overclocking there are better/more reliable ways to check for stability.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

okay my GPU is stable i just wanted to make sure temps where still fine but when i saw how MSI Komustor test looks i though this wount do this is furmark :P

Needs Update

Konbuster is exactly FurMark.

MSI bought a license from the maker of FurMark, and have it have MSI logo on it.

okay my GPU is stable i just wanted to make sure temps where still fine but when i saw how MSI Komustor test looks i though this wount do this is furmark :P

FurMark or Kombuster doesn't test your GPU stability, only if can handle max possible heat that it might potentially get in a game.

It doesn't test every single feature of the GPU to make sure that everything is working correctly, which can lead to graphical glitches or stability issue.

I think the GPU is stable been playing BF3 and crysis 3 and some BF4 beta as wel as running 3dmark lats of times trying to get fasters 675MX gpu lol but i can only get 2nd as i dont want to overvolt. just wanted to see how hot it would get. underload and saw i had it on the system. just then wen i saw it looks like furmark i knew it would probebly give very high temps

Needs Update