portable virus scanner

mochachris

hi folks i am wondering if there is such a thing as a virus scanner that i can have on a USB pen drive that i can use on a computer i need to fix a friends laptop and want to check for problems  not sure if she has one installed 

thank you 

3 minutes ago, mochachris said:

hi folks i am wondering if there is such a thing as a virus scanner that i can have on a USB pen drive that i can use on a computer i need to fix a friends laptop and want to check for problems  not sure if she has one installed 

thank you 

Try installing a free version of AVG or any anti-virus program on a flash drive then scan, if it works then activate the product and congratulations

Download malwarebytes on a usb drive, plug into computer, scan.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

comodo cleaning essentials so probably the best you can use. Has an extremely powerful process scanner called kill switch.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Malwarebytes is portable. 

Take this as single use. If you use the same instance after months of not updating it, you might aswell not waste your time on a scan.