Razer Support Australia

Hello everyone

I live in Australia and am thinking about getting the New Razer Blade 13". Only thing I'm worried about is that I hear Razer support is quite bad. Is this true? Have you had any good or bad experiences with them? And is the Australian Razer suport not as good as the U.S support?

Thanks

Most people who have bought the Blade 14 on NBR forums have reported slow and poor support service. Not to mention the bad quality control - about half the people who bought them had 2-3 RMAs within a month.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

4 minutes ago, Aidan8480 said:

Hello everyone

I live in Australia and am thinking about getting the New Razer Blade 13". Only thing I'm worried about is that I hear Razer support is quite bad. Is this true? Have you had any good or bad experiences with them? And is the Australian Razer suport not as good as the U.S support?

Thanks

There not very popular because of their support center.

But the Blade is a solid machine, so you probably don't even need to contact them. ;-)

May the force be with you - Yoda

Just now, itsMilan said:

There not very popular because of their support center.

But the Blade is a solid machine, so you probably don't even need to contact them. ;-)

Aside from the overheating, poor build quality (not materials), high RMA rate and absurd prices, yes.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Aside from the overheating, poor build quality (not materials), high RMA rate and absurd prices, yes.

Ya think?, the experiences with a Blade I heard were pretty good.

(Like Linus, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxRl02_ulKA)

May the force be with you - Yoda

It's going to be a lot easier to find negative reports on support then it is to find positive ones, unless the support is absolutely ball-breaking and deal killing you're just going to have to bite the pillow and meet with it face first down the road if you have to, honestly I wouldn't be worrying too hard if THAT'S your only problem with buying a razer blade 13.

Just now, itsMilan said:

Ya think?, the experiences with a Blade I heard were pretty good.

One of the users on NBR bought a Blade 14 for 2500$. IT had a bunch of dead pixels. He RMAed. Got one with a dead keyboard. RMAed again, Got a broken fan. RMAed again. Got broken USB port. He just accepted it and kept it.

1 minute ago, 5hepard said:

It's going to be a lot easier to find negative reports on support then it is to find positive ones, unless the support is absolutely ball-breaking and deal killing you're just going to have to bite the pillow and meet with it face first down the road if you have to, honestly I wouldn't be worrying too hard if THAT'S your only problem with buying a razer blade 13.

When more than half of your reports are negative, it really tells you something about CS, doesn't it?

Just now, don_svetlio said:

When more than half of your reports are negative, it really tells you something about CS, doesn't it?

I mean, yeah, but if the only thing this guy's worried about is support then I'm not sure if over 50% negative is even going to matter to him in a situation like this, but I agree with what you're saying.

Also, just while I can ask, mind linking me where you're reading all the reviews for CS? not for proof or anything lol, having a place specifically for CS would be great for sourcing in the future.

Just now, 5hepard said:

I mean, yeah, but if the only thing this guy's worried about is support then I'm not sure if over 50% negative is even going to matter to him in a situation like this, but I agree with what you're saying.

Also, just while I can ask, mind linking me where you're reading all the reviews for CS? not for proof or anything lol, having a place specifically for CS would be great for sourcing in the future.

NoteBookReview forums are a good source and Razer's own forums (Thought it's a bit harder here as generally, if you have a lot of negative things to say, mods just come in and delete your post (sometimes followed by a softban))

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

NoteBookReview forums are a good source and Razer's own forums (Thought it's a bit harder here as generally, if you have a lot of negative things to say, mods just come in and delete your post (sometimes followed by a softban))

Thanks, having another place bookmarked for this sort of thing is always nice.

But yeah, when you've got forums for one of those big bad corporates like razer "Nazi mods" is a term that always comes to mind.

1 minute ago, 5hepard said:

Thanks, having another place bookmarked for this sort of thing is always nice.

But yeah, when you've got forums for one of those big bad corporates like razer "Nazi mods" is a term that always comes to mind.

A few months back, there was a guy there posting about his Blade Stealth running at 90*C when he was in Hearthstone so he asked if that was okay for his hardware. A mod came in and started explaining how all laptops ran at 90-100*C (colossal lie). I didn't read the discussion then but when I tried to later, the thread was deleted.