Cutting Prices :O

Yo, whats going on guys? 

So... i am building a Gaming and possibly minor editing PC to run a youtube channel from with some buddies of mine. Now i say minor editing as i myself will not be in charge of the editing process but as you may know the youtube life can be hard and so i may need to edit some things every now and then myself. The issue i have run into is money... as we all know a good PC costs money! My original intention for my PC was to have a sick looking custom water cooling system and a highend graphics card and processor but reality soon kicked in and i had to remove the water cooling idea and the 'extreme' processor and graphics card. i have tried to keep the build as good as possible whilst trying to lower the price but i am also trying to buy a mouse, keyboard, headset and monitor with this build along with a nice chair. now all of this piles up and soon i find myself back in the same position with very little money to spend on the actual PC itself. 

Here is my current PC build with a monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Zt8LPs

Unfortunately... as much as i love the look and sound of this build it is still a little over my budget. my budget is around £1100-1200 maybe pushing 1300. i need to drasticallly reduce the cost of this build but without damaging the asthetics of the build or the quality. my colour scheme is black and red so i need to try and keep to that but i am posting today to ask anyone to help me lower the price of this build! any suggestions are appreciated!

thank you!!!

windows 10: keys from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap

ram: there was some cheap $25ish ones that don't have a heatsink ..

you can probably get a cheaper z170 mobo. asrock?

do away with the liquid cooling and hyper 212 evo?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

windows 10: keys from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap

ram: there was some cheap $25ish ones that don't have a heatsink ..

you can probably get a cheaper z170 mobo. asrock?

do away with the liquid cooling and hyper 212 evo?

will that motherboard stick with my colour scheme and will it damage the quality of the build? and will the cooler also damage the quality of it?

Generally AMD offers more performance for the price - you could go for the popular rx 480 for a gpu instead. It also depends how important looks are to you - you could go for some cheaper fans as well as going down to a single radiator - none at all if you don't need to overclock. What level of gaming are we talking since you could also drop to a 120gb ssd and maybe an i5-4690 depending on what you need.

Just now, MrTzXk said:

will that motherboard stick with my colour scheme and will it damage the quality of the build? and will the cooler also damage the quality of it?

depends, i dont know if they have a black/red scheme. the cooler is a bit worse, its an air one, although its $50 cheaper iirc.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, FrizzleFrazzle said:

Generally AMD offers more performance for the price - you could go for the popular rx 480 for a gpu instead. It also depends how important looks are to you - you could go for some cheaper fans as well as going down to a single radiator - none at all if you don't need to overclock. What level of gaming are we talking since you could also drop to a 120gb ssd and maybe an i5-4690 depending on what you need.

i wish to overclock my CPU and i want to be able to run games o high performance and record gameplay. how does the 480 compare to the 1060?

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

depends, i dont know if they have a black/red scheme. the cooler is a bit worse, its an air one, although its $50 cheaper iirc.

i will look into the cooler... thanks a lot man!

Just now, MrTzXk said:

i will look into the cooler... thanks a lot man!

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/3sy3pt/h_microsoft_windows_108817_office_2016/

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, MrTzXk said:

i wish to overclock my CPU and i want to be able to run games o high performance and record gameplay. how does the 480 compare to the 1060?

What type of games? GTA V/CS:GO? Some games require more performance than others. If you need to save money you could even get a 970 as they are going down pretty quickly in price. The 480 offers generally better price to performance but from what I've seen is a lower spec card. It depends on what you need.

I've opted for a few changes:

-Hyperthreaded CPU instead of an i5 6600K. You'll be losing the overclocking ability but an i7 is usually more stable than an overclocked i5 6600K in terms of gaming and the hyperthreading will benefit you in both gaming and video editing.

-More RAM. 16GB is nearly a must for video editing.

-Different GPU. I only changed it because you could get a FreeSync monitor to go with it. Adaptive sync technology is pure bliss.

-Grab Windows 10 off the MicrosoftSoftwareSwap subreddit (buy it from s5ean) for way cheaper. I highly recommend it since two builds that use it today still work.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.90 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX4 4g Thermal Paste  (£3.95 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£92.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£62.92 @ More Computers) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£53.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£45.48 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  (£254.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£58.65 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  (£30.00) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  (£25.07 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  (£6.18 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 23.6" 60Hz Monitor  (£119.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£84.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (£50.00) 
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel  Headset  (£50.00 @ MicrosoftSoftwareSwap
Total: £1297.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-22 13:51 BST+0100

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

U need to cut price, buy cheaper case, it adds nothing to your performance. Get £50 case instead of £100.

And get windows key from reddit £30.

Thats £100 saved aleready.

G502 and heqdset will be discounted on Black friday (they always are and have been in the past year discoubted like 3 times)  This will save u another £50 (amazon).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 minute ago, FrizzleFrazzle said:

What type of games? GTA V/CS:GO? Some games require more performance than others. If you need to save money you could even get a 970 as they are going down pretty quickly in price. The 480 offers generally better price to performance but from what I've seen is a lower spec card. It depends on what you need.

As i will be running a youtube channel i cant be sure on the games i will need to run in the future. my colleagues are interested in playing games such as Rust, overwatch and gta however so it will need to be relatively high end i believe

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I've opted for a few changes:

-Hyperthreaded CPU instead of an i5 6600K. You'll be losing the overclocking ability but an i7 is usually more stable than an overclocked i5 6600K in terms of gaming and the hyperthreading will benefit you in both gaming and video editing.

-More RAM. 16GB is nearly a must for video editing.

-Different GPU. I only changed it because you could get a FreeSync monitor to go with it. Adaptive sync technology is pure bliss.

-Grab Windows 10 off the MicrosoftSoftwareSwap subreddit (buy it from s5ean) for way cheaper. I highly recommend it since two builds that use it today still work.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£262.90 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX4 4g Thermal Paste  (£3.95 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£92.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£62.92 @ More Computers) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£53.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£45.48 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  (£254.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£58.65 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  (£30.00) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM  120mm Fans  (£25.07 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM  120mm Fan  (£6.18 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 23.6" 60Hz Monitor  (£119.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£84.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (£50.00) 
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel  Headset  (£50.00 @ MicrosoftSoftwareSwap
Total: £1297.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-22 13:51 BST+0100

and this wont cost me in terms of performance? i will still be able to run high demanding games at high settings whilst recording?

4 minutes ago, Thony said:

U need to cut price, buy cheaper case, it adds nothing to your performance. Get £50 case instead of £100.

And get windows key from reddit £30.

Thats £120 saved aleready.

G502 and heqdset will be discounted on Black friday (they always are and have been in the past year discoubted like 3 times)

Thats quite a while to wait for the discounts though...

2 minutes ago, MrTzXk said:

As i will be running a youtube channel i cant be sure on the games i will need to run in the future. my colleagues are interested in playing games such as Rust, overwatch and gta however so it will need to be relatively high end i believe

Ah okay, the one by HKZeroFive is pretty good and in my experience I prefer to go for slightly better components and not overclock. This often lasts longer and can save you money.

Just now, MrTzXk said:

and this wont cost me in terms of performance? i will still be able to run high demanding games at high settings whilst recording?

The GTX 1060 is slightly more powerful than the RX 480 but Freesync definitely makes that point null to an extent. Otherwise, performance will basically be the same.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

The GTX 1060 is slightly more powerful than the RX 480 but Freesync definitely makes that point null to an extent. Otherwise, performance will basically be the same.

Are you a god? Thank you so much dude this will be perfect! 

2 minutes ago, FrizzleFrazzle said:

Ah okay, the one by HKZeroFive is pretty good and in my experience I prefer to go for slightly better components and not overclock. This often lasts longer and can save you money.

i agree!

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Also how about the CPU cooler? how will that compare to the H100i? and the motherboard as well? how does that compare to the M5?