Cooler Master N200 Case: Review (Not Recommended)

N200 from Cooler Master - Case Review:

I bought 2 of these cases for 2 separate builds. Cable management is not possible even with a semi-modular power supply. It's very hard to connect a single SSD to the PSU due to the case layout. Perhaps my PSU (the Corsair CX450M) power cables were the culprit, but they seemed pretty standard compared to other PSU's. I can't imagine connecting more than 1 SSD to the PSU in this case. You'd need to buy custom cables in order to make this work.

There are way too many people recommending this case on this forum. I used to recommend it as well before I actually bought it. The back panel does not include enough room for cable management. I would not recommend this case to anyone. Save up your money and get a Fractal Design R4; this case is superior and much easier to work with (I own it). Spending more money on a case will allow you to properly manage your cables and will be less of a headache to work it. Also, using a semi-modular PSU is highly recommended for any build (IMO).

Other than cable management, the case is quite light, which is great. The aluminum body is actually quite nice and it's a decent looking case. It was very hard to secure one of the SSD's to the top mounting bracket as the holes didn't line up with the SSD itself. It comes with a ton of different screws, which makes it hard to figure out where they go as the instructions aren't very clear.

It doesn't prevent sound from escaping the case. In other words, it's not sound proof at all. I can't imagine putting a GPU in this case. That would be an absolute nightmare. It's too small for any good sized GPU and you'd have a hard time managing all the cables surrounding the actual GPU.

If you have any questions about the N200 case, let me know.

BigDay

It's a budget case so stop complaining about how it's cable management is rubbish...also this isn't a review...it's just a rant about how cable management is impossible in that specific case...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

It's a budget case so stop complaining about how it's cable management is rubbish...also this isn't a review...it's just a rant about how cable management is impossible in that specific case...

Somewhat true. It's still a piece of junk and I did provide an opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I've built many PC's over the years and seen a lot of people recommending this case on this forum. Everyone says it's so good, but it's not. You get what you pay for.

I don't understand why you're so defensive about the case... LOL

BigDay

Just now, BigDay said:

Somewhat true. It's still a piece of junk and I did provide an opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I've built many PC's over the years and seen a lot of people recommending this case on this forum. Everyone says it's so good, but it's not. You get what you pay for.

I don't understand why you're so defensive about the case... LOL

Why am I so defensive about a case? Well does it hold your components at a budget price fine? Yep and does it hold SSDs fine if your PSU has straight sata power cables? Yep and is cable management as bad as you say?  It's a little tight and all but it doesn't have a windowed side panel so...meh?

Also here's the review from hardware canucks and they aren't even saying it's rubbish...

8 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Why am I so defensive about a case? Well does it hold your components at a budget price fine? Yep and does it hold SSDs fine if your PSU has straight sata power cables? Yep and is cable management as bad as you say?  It's a little tight and all but it doesn't have a windowed side panel so...meh?

Also here's the review from hardware canucks and they aren't even saying it's rubbish...

I've watched that review and it's very misleading...

BigDay

Just now, BigDay said:

I've watched that review and it's very misleading...

Fine, you don't like this case, end of story ;) 

Thanks for the tip. I also found the n200 case to be difficult to work with in terms of cable management. Almost impossible to make things look neat. Decent budget case though, but I'd rather spend money on something of higher quality.