Which case should I get?

Exvy

Should I get the Zalman Z3 Plus or the Nox Hummer MC Zero Edition (This one is so nice looking),

How keen on cable-management are you? Because I tried it in the Zalman Z3, and there isn't a lot of space behind the motherboard tray, so given my dad doesn't have a modular PSU it was a nightmare trying to close the side panel.

Don't know about the other one, however.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just now, vojta.pokorny said:

How keen on cable-management are you? Because I tried it in the Zalman Z3, and there isn't a lot of space behind the motherboard tray, so given my dad doesn't have a modular PSU it was a nightmare trying to close the side panel.

Don't know about the other one, however.

Since it has a side panel I really want to have a good cable-management.

Just from the looks I'd take the Nox one. However, I heard that Zalman makes pretty nice budget cases.

1 minute ago, Exvy said:

Do you have a modular or semi-modular PSU?

Just now, Exvy said:

most cases do you know.

Besides, the window on the Z3 is rather small and strangely shaped. A matter of taste, perhaps, but I prefer large square window on the side panel, or none at all.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just now, Mobby Dick said:

Do you have a modular or semi-modular PSU?

I really don't know since I'm  new to building pcs. My PSU is the XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze.

7 minutes ago, Exvy said:

Should I get the Zalman Z3 Plus or the Nox Hummer MC Zero Edition (This one is so nice looking),

That Nox Hummer looks exactly like

Spoiler

post-17891-1456895215.jpgpost-17891-1456895257.jpgpost-17891-1456236874.jpg

Except for the front panel, I really wonder who the fuck is the real manufacturer for this case, I love the overall design but seeing there's option for different front panel, I really want to see whether there's other nicer option out there.

most cases do you know.

Besides, the window on the Z3 is rather small and strangely shaped. A matter of taste, perhaps, but I prefer large square window on the side panel, or none at all.

I like the side panel only if it has good cable management. But what I really like about the Nox case is the LED.

Just now, Exvy said:

I like the side panel only if it has good cable management. But what I really like about the Nox case is the LED.

From the pics @Ichi posted I'd take that over Z3 anytime.

Besides, I know you're talking about the side panel WINDOW, I'm just not being a nice person and subtly making fun of you :D

The HUMBLE Computer:

Just now, Exvy said:

I really don't know since I'm  new to building pcs. My PSU is the XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze.

OK. So modular basically means that you can attach just the cables you want and can swap out the cables. Like this for example: 3b-850G2.jpg

Semi modular has cables like ATX and so on built in

modular-power-supply.jpg

Yours is not modular. That means that a PSU cover (like the one in the NOX case) would be nice so that you can hide all the cables you don't need :)

Just now, Mobby Dick said:

OK. So modular basically means that you can attach just the cables you want and can swap out the cables. Like this for example: 3b-850G2.jpg

Semi modular has cables like ATX and so on built in

modular-power-supply.jpg

Yours is not modular. That means that a PSU cover (like the one in the NOX case) would be nice so that you can hide all the cables you don't need :)

That is great because I love that case. But the other case has 4 fans which is great.

7 minutes ago, Mobby Dick said:

Just from the looks I'd take the Nox one. However, I heard that Zalman makes pretty nice budget cases.

I like my Zalman Z12 (no plus=no side panel window) but the design is a bit outdated (4 5.25" bays? In 2014?)

The HUMBLE Computer:

2 minutes ago, vojta.pokorny said:

From the pics @Ichi posted I'd take that over Z3 anytime.

Besides, I know you're talking about the side panel WINDOW, I'm just not being a nice person and subtly making fun of you :D

The Nox Hummer is 

1223-nox-hummer-mc-17.jpg1223-nox-hummer-mc-13.jpg

Compare to the one I posted, the interior and exterior is 100% identical except for the front panel and this have better front panel design, for me at least.

Can anyone please hunt down this case OEM or something, it's definitely appealing.

3 minutes ago, Exvy said:

That is great because I love that case. But the other case has 4 fans which is great.

You don't really need that many fans and the stock fans are not PWM.

The HUMBLE Computer:

I like my Zalman Z12 (no plus=no side panel window) but the design is a bit outdated (4 5.25" bays? In 2014?)

I will pick either the Zalman or Nox. Do you think that the number of fans that the Nox has is enough?

1 minute ago, Ichi said:

The Nox Hummer is 

1223-nox-hummer-mc-17.jpg1223-nox-hummer-mc-13.jpg

Compare to the one I posted, the interior and exterior is 100% identical except for the front panel and this have better front panel design, for me at least.

Can anyone please hunt down this case OEM or something, it's definitely appealing.

What do you mean? Do you want the case?

2 minutes ago, Ichi said:

The Nox Hummer is 

Spoiler

1223-nox-hummer-mc-13.jpg1223-nox-hummer-mc-17.jpg

Man that case looks good

The HUMBLE Computer:

You don't really need that many fans and the stock fans are not PWM.

What case would you choose?

Man that case looks good

Its the Nox Hummer

Just now, Exvy said:

What do you mean? Do you want the case?

I do but I want to know if there is different front panel design, I've posted 2 so far so potentially there's more out there.

Man that case looks good

It really is a work of art.

And best part is it's cheap, around $60 where I live.

Just now, Ichi said:

I do but I want to know if there is different front panel design, I've posted 2 so far so potentially there's more out there.

Where did you find the other picture that you posted? Try to look up that picture using google images.

Just now, Ichi said:

It really is a work of art.

And best part is it's cheap, around $60 where I live.

Where do you live? For me its 46.90€

Just now, Exvy said:

Where do you live? For me its 46.90€

Just get it and be done with it really.

Great price point, PSU shroud, top filter, built in fan controller and case lighting (7 colors to choose from).