How should I upgrade my PC in future?

Lord Jon25

Hello everyone, this is my first post. 

I bought my new computer 7 months ago and I would like to upgrade it once in fucture, but I dont know how should I upgrade it.

I use my computer for making 3D animations and for recording videos. 

I would like to know what do you thing about this sistem and how should I upgrade it.

My computers specifications:

CPU: Intel core i5 6600

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2 GB

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B150 M

PSU: 450W

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

1xSSD: 120Gb

1xHDD: 1TB

I will be happy to see responces.

I'd try to swing an i7. You probably could benefit from having the threads.
A larger SSD would be a good idea so you can have more projects readily available as well.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

If that's what you got, then why worry about hardware we've yet to see.

No one other than the companies making it know whats coming later on. 

Beyond that, everything can be upgraded. You're running a locked cpu on a chipset that doesn't support overclocking.

So start there. Upgrade your PSU to something that's a little more friendly to higher end components and offers more power.

You've got 8gb of ram which is getting to be just the absolute bare minimum. 16gb is standard anymore, anything more than 16 is specific to the user and what programs you run beyond gaming.

You can probably keep your 120gb ssd for windows only, pick up a 500gb ssd for games to be installed on. Make that 1TB a hard drive just for movies, pictures and stuff you dont use that much.

19 minutes ago, Lord Jon25 said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post. 

I bought my new computer 7 months ago and I would like to upgrade it once in fucture, but I dont know how should I upgrade it.

I use my computer for making 3D animations and for recording videos. 

I would like to know what do you thing about this sistem and how should I upgrade it.

My computers specifications:

CPU: Intel core i5 6600

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2 GB

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B150 M

PSU: 450W

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

1xSSD: 120Gb

1xHDD: 1TB

I will be happy to see responces.

but 3d animation as hobby or as job? if its as hobby, then save money and after 3-5 years, upgrade your cpu/gpu, for now, i would only recommend installing 8gb more ram and upgrading psu if its not bronze 80+ (just for dont let your pc explode someday... you know, 80+ are tested and more safer than a normal psu without that certification)

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

If your Gaming, Upgrade your GPU in a few years. If your doing Video recording and all the CPU intensive stuff, You could invest in a I7 if you feel its not fast enough. Everything else looks good

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]