Larger mouse.

Korindo

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a larger mouse here in australia. Im currently using a Mionix Naos 8200 and it just seems to small for me... Ive picked up my mates Logitech G700S and it wasnt any better for me. Any suggestions for a larger mouse that i could palm? 

I know a lot of people hate on mouses like the Razer Ouroborus and stuff like the Saitek Cybord R.A.T 9 but they seem to be something i could use because i would extend them right out. And I'm not picky when it comes to price and extra functions, id use them if they were there but i wouldnt go out of my way to want them.

Any suggestions please ladies and gents?

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a larger mouse here in australia. Im currently using a Mionix Naos 8200 and it just seems to small for me... Ive picked up my mates Logitech G700S and it wasnt any better for me. Any suggestions for a larger mouse that i could palm? 

I know a lot of people hate on mouses like the Razer Ouroborus and stuff like the Saitek Cybord R.A.T 9 but they seem to be something i could use because i would extend them right out. And I'm not picky when it comes to price and extra functions, id use them if they were there but i wouldnt go out of my way to want them.

I was in the same boat as you, I thought the Naos were supposed to be rather large but anyway... It seems like the Cyborg is probably your best bet if size is a major concern, it's a little overpriced though for what it is so it's basically up to you if you're willing to spend that much.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I was in the same boat as you, I thought the Naos were supposed to be rather large but anyway... It seems like the Cyborg is probably your best bet if size is a major concern, it's a little overpriced though for what it is so it's basically up to you if you're willing to spend that much.

If i had to pick an adjustable mouse it would have to be the razer ouroborus... just because razer is a brand im more familar with and i have a bit more trust for them.

I REALLY want to help D: but I've only used small mice myself :S someone else help! :D

If thats because you have small hands then im jealous  :P

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

If thats because you have small hands then im jealous  :P

Unfortunately for you it is.... BUT it's also because I use a fingertip grip on my mice. So a mall mouse is good for that type of grip :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Unfortunately for you it is.... BUT it's also because I use a fingertip grip on my mice. So a mall mouse is good for that type of grip :D

ahhhh rightio. yeah im a palm user. I normally have to fingertip at work (but i hate it) because they use old small microsoft mice in my shop.

~~Korindo~~

ahhhh rightio. yeah im a palm user. I normally have to fingertip at work (but i hate it) because they use old small microsoft mice in my shop.

ouch D: I feels you, I'm the opposite when I have to palm a mouse and my palm feels like it's being stretched to different ends of the room xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Man, that must be a really big hand. Have you tried steelseries sensei? If that still too small for you, then you have to go to R.A.T 7. I don't recommend you to buy razer ouroboros, because it's razer.. 

Man, that must be a really big hand. Have you tried steelseries sensei? If that still too small for you, then you have to go to R.A.T 7. I don't recommend you to buy razer ouroboros, because it's razer.. 

Unfortunately ive heard bad things about both the RAT series and the ouroborus... I just have to look into which one seems to be worse :P bugger... 

~~Korindo~~

I am currently using a Gigabyte M7 Thor, it's pretty big and it's good.

I got mine for 30 bucks.

Maybe the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II? ( http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/sentineladvanceII/ )

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Hey guys,

Odd, i have extremely large hands and a g700s works fine for me, i suppose it's because I use more of a claw then palm.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odd, i have extremely large hands and a g700s works fine for me, i suppose it's because I use more of a claw then palm.

My mate is the same. He uses it in a claw style (his hands are just a tad smaller then mine) and he loves it. However when i palm the G700s to have my palm comfortable my fingers go off the front of it, or to have my fingers in a good position my palm drags down the back of it. 

i cant win :( :( maybe i should just work on changing my style to a claw grip to make life easier.

~~Korindo~~

My mate is the same. He uses it in a claw style (his hands are just a tad smaller then mine) and he loves it. However when i palm the G700s to have my palm comfortable my fingers go off the front of it, or to have my fingers in a good position my palm drags down the back of it. 

i cant win :( :( maybe i should just work on changing my style to a claw grip to make life easier.

big hands should use palm

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You looked into the func ms-3 at all? I've had trouble finding a mouse I can palm as well here in aus, I've used a rat 7 and didn't like it, it just didn't feel quite right no matter how I adjusted it and still couldn't properly palm it, razer mamba was more comfortable but too small to palm, plus I had wireless issues with it (and I've kind of gone off razer in general the last few years after having a couple of their products), the logitech g500s (or normal I guess) are supposed to be pretty large mouses, I've never used one for any extended period but just holding it I didn't seem to be able to palm it, plus they have a similar size to my sensei which I fingertip because its not quite big enough either. The sensei is what I've used for the longest period, but thats more to do with me just not being particularly excited by anything I've seen so far to cause me to want to buy something new and have to fingertip that anyway. The func is the first thing in a while to really excite me, but given no one in aus is selling them so I can't go hold or try one before buying I would be worried about it still not being big enough to properly palm, and how uncomfortable the design might be if I ended up having to claw or fingertip it. That said, I haven't really used any mice with similar shapes so it might be fine to fingertip or claw, I was just worried by the fact that it seemed so aimed at a palm style hold that it might be uncomfortable for fingertip or claw grips which I would have to use if I couldn't palm it.