Micro ATX Build

Synth3D

I am building a micro-ATX build to use for travel purposes, I am considering a cube case design that will provide adequate cooling in a small form factor.

I am currently considering the Thermaltake V21 Micro-ATX cube case, however some of the Silverstone cube cases are smaller but my concern is that they will not provide enough airflow or cable management options. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Micro-ATX case that would fit in a suitcase and provide efficient cooling at the same time?

why not mini itx? for example node 202

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

I'm using a bitfenix prodigy m, it's a little big but has lots of potential for really powerful hardware. I'm not having any temperature problems with it. 

Just now, warzkaz said:

why not mini itx? for example node 202

I was considering that but I have already built the Micro-ATX build and it is currently in a Fractal Core Design 1000 which isn't an ideal case in terms of durability and portability, I could assemble a new mini-ITX build but the cost would outweigh buying a new Micro-ATX case and PSU. 

23 minutes ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

I'm using a bitfenix prodigy m, it's a little big but has lots of potential for really powerful hardware. I'm not having any temperature problems with it. 

The Bitfenix prodigy m is a very nice looking case and that is one of the appealing points, I am curious as to how it directly competes with the Thermaltake Core V21. How is cable management inside the case? 

3 hours ago, Synth3D said:

The Bitfenix prodigy m is a very nice looking case and that is one of the appealing points, I am curious as to how it directly competes with the Thermaltake Core V21. How is cable management inside the case? 

cable management isn't too great in all honesty because of the way the power supply mounts. The power supply actually sits vertically in the front of the case with the connectors at the top. Since the mobo 24 pin is really close to the psu, you are left is a rather visually unappealing bundle of cables. The other wires can be routed behind the mobo tray. There are two 120mm fan mounts right above the gpu,  2 120mm fan mounts in the bottom and 1 120/140mm fan mount at the rear, there quite a lot of airflow directly onto hot components. I'd advice using an aio loop with this case to minimise cpu temps.