Is the ASUS Z97-E good?

Ok so I am probably going to buy the i5 4690k and I was looking for a Motherboard and I saw this ASUS Z97-E for $70 so I was wondering if this MB is anything to have?

i am going to Overclock it and game a lot! I am also going to do some recording with Obs.

So is this cheaper alternative to the ASUS Z97-A Any good or should I get something else?

3 hours ago, Teknis said:

Ok so I am probably going to buy the i5 4690k and I was looking for a Motherboard and I saw this ASUS Z97-E for $70 so I was wondering if this MB is anything to have?

i am going to Overclock it and game a lot! I am also going to do some recording with Obs.

So is this cheaper alternative to the ASUS Z97-A Any good or should I get something else?

I have the new version of this board (signature), and I think it is great. That specific model should be fine and the CPU will overclock with practically any motherboard. Like kazy said, it would make more sense to go 1151 with the new CPUs coming out soon. Grab a pentium/z170 motherboard the upgrade to the new i5 if you can.

Otherwise the 4690k will be fine.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H