Gaming Build

Hello whoever is reading this. Lately (actually for about the last 4 months or so) my computer has been acting up. I have done everything in my power to try to fix it, but I can never get it quite stable. It is mostly stable, though.

But that is only in web browsing. This PC was built as a gaming PC, so it should be able to do more than web browsing.

The specs are: AMD FX 6300 non overclocked, Asus m5a78l-m/usb3 motherboard, EVGA 600w Bronze PSU, EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW graphics card, 16gb (2x 8gb) 1600mhz Crucial Balistix Sport ram, and a Zalman CNPS8000B cooler.

So I've decided to just ditch this PC and save up for a new one. Most of the parts in this PC can be salvaged, though. Such as the 750 and PSU. It's about time for a new case though so I will get a new one. 

Now I have to decide between Intel or AMD, and I want your input. I want this PC to be a gaming PC as well, so I have picked relatively higher end parts.

I will also be doing some video editing as well as recording (with ShadowPlay) so take that into consideration too.

The Intel System: i5 4460, Gigabyte B85M-D3H mATX motherboard, 8gb kit (2x 4gb) 1600mhz Kingston HyperX Fury RAM, CoolerMaster Gemini 4 Cooler, and an Apevia X-QPack 3 Red case. Grand Total: $390 USD

(there are two components that will remain similar between the intel and AMD systems, which are the RAM, CPU cooler, storage, and Case)

The AMD System: FX 8350, ASRock 970m Pro3 Motherboard, same ram, same case, and same cooler as the Intel system. Grand Total: $378 USD

Re-usable parts: EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW (I will eventually be getting a MS GTX 950 Gaming, then a 1070 later) and EVGA 600w Bronze PSU

So please give me your input on which system I should build.

**EDIT: Intel PCPartPicker list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/G4NXvV (re-usable parts included)**

**EDIT: AMD PCPartPicker list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gx2gJV (re-usable parts included)**

how has the pc been acting up? does it shutdown under high load?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

how has the pc been acting up? does it shutdown under high load?

Not exactly. It seems to crash randomly more than anything. I've spent tons of time trying to fix it, but I still can't do anything that seems to be a permanent fix.

Also, ALL of my steam games are prone to crashing without the computer bluescreening, even though they do happen together sometimes

11 minutes ago, CallMeMysterious said:

Hello whoever is reading this. Lately (actually for about the last 4 months or so) my computer has been acting up. I have done everything in my power to try to fix it, but I can never get it quite stable. It is mostly stable, though.

But that is only in web browsing. This PC was built as a gaming PC, so it should be able to do more than web browsing.

The specs are: AMD FX 6300 non overclocked, Asus m5a78l-m/usb3 motherboard, EVGA 600w Bronze PSU, EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW graphics card, 16gb (2x 8gb) 1600mhz Crucial Balistix Sport ram, and a Zalman CNPS8000B cooler.

So I've decided to just ditch this PC and save up for a new one. Most of the parts in this PC can be salvaged, though. Such as the 750 and PSU. It's about time for a new case though so I will get a new one. 

Now I have to decide between Intel or AMD, and I want your input. I want this PC to be a gaming PC as well, so I have picked relatively higher end parts.

I will also be doing some video editing as well as recording (with ShadowPlay) so take that into consideration too.

The Intel System: i5 4460, Gigabyte B85M-D3H mATX motherboard, 8gb kit (2x 4gb) 1600mhz Kingston HyperX Fury RAM, CoolerMaster Gemini 4 Cooler, and an Apevia X-QPack 3 Red case. Grand Total: $390 USD

(there are two components that will remain similar between the intel and AMD systems, which are the RAM, CPU cooler, and Case)

The AMD System: FX 8350, ASRock 970m Pro3 Motherboard, same ram, same case, and same cooler as the Intel system. Grand Total: $378 USD

Re-usable parts: EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW (I will eventually be getting a MS GTX 950 Gaming, then a 1070 later) and EVGA 600w Bronze PSU

So please give me your input on which system I should build.

INTEL

I'd make some tweaks

i5 6400,msi b150m bazooka, cheapest dual channel ddr4 kit from gskill or Kingston, stock cooler, corsair 200r case

INTEL is better because the i5s are generally better in gaming than their fx counterparts

Stock cooler is okay unless you value aesthetics or quietness

Also, in the future if you go Intel now you can pick up an i7 without a mobo switch

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

Just now, CallMeMysterious said:

Not exactly. It seems to crash randomly more than anything. I've spent tons of time trying to fix it, but I still can't do anything that seems to be a permanent fix.

Also, ALL of my steam games are prone to crashing without the computer bluescreening, even though they do happen together sometimes

have you checked the temps of the cpu and graphics card during gaming? with something like MSI afterburner on-screen display?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, FanBlade said:

INTEL

I'd make some tweaks

i5 6400,msi b150m bazooka, cheapest dual channel ddr4 kit from gskill or Kingston, stock cooler, corsair 200r case

INTEL is better because the i5s are generally better in gaming than their fx counterparts

Stock cooler is okay unless you value aesthetics or quietness

Also, in the future if you go Intel now you can pick up an i7 without a mobo switch

I don't have the highest budget. I can't go much over $500 because I am a teenager in high school with a summer job.

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

have you checked the temps of the cpu and graphics card during gaming? with something like MSI afterburner on-screen display?

Yes and they are all fine. below 70 C

6 minutes ago, CallMeMysterious said:

I don't have the highest budget. I can't go much over $500 because I am a teenager in high school with a summer job.

i'd suggest an i5 6400, some cheapo h110 mobo with ddr3 support and an rx 480/470/1060 and keep the rest, should be about $500.

5 minutes ago, CallMeMysterious said:

i5 6400=180

Msi b150m bazooka=80

Ram=35

Corsair 200r=55

Total=around 350

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

Just now, FanBlade said:

i5 6400=180

Msi b150m bazooka=80

Ram=35

Corsair 200r=55

Total=around 350

Thanks. I was kind of guessing total cost because 6th gen i5's or i7's can be expensive.

Thanks. I was kind of guessing total cost because 6th gen i5's or i7's can be expensive.

Also if you could spend 30 more bucks you could add in the rx 470 for 180 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) reuse the zalman heatsink if possible
Motherboard: ECS H110M-C3D (1.0) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.98 @ Newegg) to reuse your ram
Other: Powercolor Rx 470 red devil ($199.99)
Total: $430.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 01:32 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, FanBlade said:

Also if you could spend 30 more bucks you could add in the rx 470 for 180 

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) reuse the zalman heatsink if possible
Motherboard: ECS H110M-C3D (1.0) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($50.98 @ Newegg) to reuse your ram
Other: Powercolor Rx 470 red devil ($199.99)
Total: $430.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 01:32 EDT-0400

I would rather get a RX 480 because it is decent enough of a price and I could most certainly sell the 750 for the money to buy it along with my earnings

3 minutes ago, CallMeMysterious said:

I would rather get a RX 480 because it is decent enough of a price and I could most certainly sell the 750 for the money to buy it along with my earnings

thats fine, though it'll cost you more as stock seems to have run dry. should still be able to fit it in your budget.

Don't get that mlbo

Y ou  still need ram and a case

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bCskT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bCskT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI B150M BAZOOKA Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($34.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($28.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Rx 480 4gb ($199.95)
Total: $528.90-whatever you sell you r 750 for
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 01:39 EDT-0400

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}