Hi there!

I am looking for a second/third/and-so-on opinion on my next build.

I am located in Denmark, which provides some difficulties regarding availability and prices.

The aim of the system I primarily pure fun through gaming – secondarily video editing with the adobe suite.

I am planning on running a single monitor (also to be purchased: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q)

I will not require any new peripherals as I am quite pleased with my current setup.

The reason for, what I expect will feel like going from 11th century pleb to 21th century action-packed peewee man, is I currently have a i5-2500k, GeForce GTX 580, 8 GB Corsair Vengeance, WD Black on a AsRock P67 Extreme6

Now I already have the case: Fractal Define R5 and cooler: Noctua NH-D15, and planning on supplementing it with:

• ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4

• ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING (8 GB)
  • Core i7 I7-6700K 4 GHz
  • Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E1T0 1 TB (an M.2 or SanDisk Extreme PRO would have been nice, but the cost-gain ratio is too bad)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 - 650W PSU
  • Patriot Extreme Performance Viper 4 Series 16 GB (I have not settled on speed, due to confusion regarding the motherboards compatibility, thinking on doubling capacity later)

With the monitor, the price goes up to ≈ $3000 (≈ €2700) and without ≈ $2100 (≈ €1900) – so there’s the budget.

Any thoughts? Cheerio

10 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

looks good. Ram speeds don't matter for gaming. I would upgrade that psu to a 750 watt to give you more headroom.

Thanks, for the quick reply Foe-located-leet-man.
And that would not be overkill? - I have zero intention of SLI.

If it was me I'd go the 6800k/5820k getting a slight edge in video editing and etc also with more ram capacity, more pci lanes, and more upgradeability. 

Also I'd recommend buying one of ocz's trion 150 ssds which has very similar if not the same performance as an 850 but for much less. 

1 minute ago, Fungal said:

If it was me I'd go the 6800k/5820k getting a slight edge in video editing and etc also with more ram capacity, more pci lanes, and more upgradeability. 

Also I'd recommend buying one of ocz's trion 150 ssds which has very similar if not the same performance as an 850 but for much less. 

Hi there mushroom.
I have been going back and forth with 5820k for soooooo long - but you might just be right.
Great tip on ocz's, they are just slightly cheaper than the evo here.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Dude said:

I have been going back and forth with 5820k for soooooo long - but you might just be right.

In case you haven't seen this video. 

With the cost difference (at least where I live), the 6800K doesn't give a large enough performance benefit for the significant increased cost.

The 6700K should be fine for your needs.

3 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

...doesn't give a large enough performance benefit for the significant increased cost...

And on that note Kiwi Doctor, I am sad to say the  5820k also seem to come at a significant increase in cost...
so back to 6700k it seems, at least for now.