My PC wont fully shut down, unless I manually press and hold the power button!??

DGaming

Hey guys, so Im having this strange and very weird problem... When I shut down my PC, by pressing POWER>SHUT DOWN, the PC wont fully shut down! I mean it says on the screen SHUTTING DOWN and then the screen goes black, but I can see the lights on the PC still on and the PC is still making noise like its ON. Ive let it sit like that for a minute, but nothing happenes, until I press and hold the power button on the case for like 3 seconds and then it actually fully shuts down since the lights go off and the noise goes away. This is very weird so please help? ^^

Thanks!

could you elaborate a bit more? you mean like the fans keep spinning and the leds stay on after shutdown?

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

Have you left it for more than a minute? What happens if you leave it for 10 or 30 mins? Holding the power button can damage your drive.

I edit my posts a lot.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:25 AM, xGGAx said:

could you elaborate a bit more? you mean like the fans keep spinning and the leds stay on after shutdown?

Yes, I can hear the fans spinning and yes the leds stay on, even the keyboard is lit and everything! Its like I put the PC to sleep, but I DIDNT I SHUT IT DOWN! xD Also when I try to restart it, it does the same thing, it says RESTARTING for like 10 minutes and nothing happenes, where before it restarted in a min (like it should be lol) !!! Plus when im in a game called Rainbow Six Siege and im loading it a game I always load super slow, slower than all my friends and yes I have the game on my HDD, but so do my friends and they dont load so slow.. and yes my HDD is good, its the WD Blue 1TB! Pls help, im so confused!

On 8/6/2016 at 4:35 AM, MrDrWho13 said:

Have you left it for more than a minute? What happens if you leave it for 10 or 30 mins? Holding the power button can damage your drive.

Yeah I left it for about 20 30 mins yesterday and nothing happenes! Also when I try to restart it, it does the same thing, it says RESTARTING for like 10 minutes and nothing happenes, where before it restarted in a min (like it should be lol) !!! Plus when im in a game called Rainbow Six Siege and im loading it a game I always load super slow, slower than all my friends and yes I have the game on my HDD, but so do my friends and they dont load so slow.. and yes my HDD is good, its the WD Blue 1TB! Pls help, im so confused!

Sounds like there is a process in the background slowing down the system. That would explain poor performance in loading and being unable to shutdown properly.

Open task manager and look for any process hogging resources

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

If you still can't find anything after:

• Checking task manager for processes using high amounts of cpu/ram/storage bandwidth
  • Scanning for viruses (Maybe try Malwarebytes)

Then it might be worth re-installing windows and all your programs from scratch.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

If you still can't find anything after:

• Checking task manager for processes using high amounts of cpu/ram/storage bandwidth
  • Scanning for viruses (Maybe try Malwarebytes)

Then it might be worth re-installing windows and all your programs from scratch.

2 hours ago, xGGAx said:

Sounds like there is a process in the background slowing down the system. That would explain poor performance in loading and being unable to shutdown properly.

Open task manager and look for any process hogging resources

Ill screenshot my task manager so u guys can see whats up ^^