Question about potential upgrade

JackAlexender
Go to solution Solved by Thx And Bye,

666.7MHz times two is 1333MHz. Thats why its called "double data rate" (DDR), because it transfers two logical 1 or 0 per clock cycle.
So you have nothing to worry about your RAM.

Ok, so for starters really bad at things with forums so sorry if it looks sloppy or i'm posting in the wrong place, but.

I have recently purchased a GTX 1080 (REALLY overkill i know but hey, at least i'm good for a good few years gpu wise) and while i know my CPU is a hard bottleneck for it. (AMD FX 8350, I know, kinda bad but i'm migrating to intel at the start of next year) I am encountering weird issues, that I've tried troubleshooting myself but to no avail. My motherboard and Ram seem to be in a bit of a fight, I.E my motherboards bios (Gigabyte 970A-DS3P) shows that my ram (16 Gigs dual channel DDR3 that is supposed to be 1333 MHz, also they are 4 mismatched. And yes i've tried booting with the two seprate proper sets in all sorts of different slots so i know it's not that.) is running at proper speed, but within windows, it shows a measly 669, it also showed that in MEMtest. So, if anyone has any ideas on what that could be issue wise it would be appreciated. Also there is some sort of leakage on my MOBO but i don't see bulging capacitors. 

If those are issues that requre me to replace things, these were the candidates for their replacement. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A33PHLA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUPV2RQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thank you for your time, all the info i thought may be relevant (AKA all of speccy pretty much) i have thrown on in here,  Any help is appreciated. 

More info.pngPC info.pngram info.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

Also again i am sorry if my formatting is poor or my ediqute is bad. Again i don't post on forums much. 

666.7MHz times two is 1333MHz. Thats why its called "double data rate" (DDR), because it transfers two logical 1 or 0 per clock cycle.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

9 minutes ago, Thx And Bye said:

Well that takes a load off my mind... And my wallet.