Overclocking Question

Hello guys, fairly new here. I'm not new in the pc world and have my industry certs, etc. But have no idea how to overclock or where to begin. I am currently running 2x GTX 770's in SLI, amd FX8350 being cooled by the corsair H100i, 16gb of corsair vengeance ram, and a SLI compatible ASUS motherboard that I can't remember the name of at the moment. I have stayed away from overclocking because I have never felt the need to since I can run all my games fairly smooth up until recently. My CPU stays fairly cool with it being no higher then 32 degrees C under load. Do you guys think I would get a performance increase If I start overclocking? I play all my games at 1080p, and have no interest in going higher. I know I know, then why would I have 2 770s if I wasn't going to play at a higher resolution. The reason is that I would rather spend an extra $150 for a performance increase then buy a new $500 card. I plan to upgrade in the next year or two.

edit: I also have a noctua nhd14 if that would be better for overclocking

Overclocking improves performance almost always.

and it won't kill your hardware within the next 2 years.

18 minutes ago, DejjaY said:

Hello guys, fairly new here. I'm not new in the pc world and have my industry certs, etc. But have no idea how to overclock or where to begin. I am currently running 2x GTX 770's in SLI, amd FX8350 being cooled by the corsair H100i, 16gb of corsair vengeance ram, and a SLI compatible ASUS motherboard that I can't remember the name of at the moment. I have stayed away from overclocking because I have never felt the need to since I can run all my games fairly smooth up until recently. My CPU stays fairly cool with it being no higher then 32 degrees C under load. Do you guys think I would get a performance increase If I start overclocking? I play all my games at 1080p, and have no interest in going higher. I know I know, then why would I have 2 770s if I wasn't going to play at a higher resolution. The reason is that I would rather spend an extra $150 for a performance increase then buy a new $500 card. I plan to upgrade in the next year or two.

edit: I also have a noctua nhd14 if that would be better for overclocking

Even in 1080p, OCing the CPU does yield a tangible increase of a few FPS (Courtesy of @Morgan MLGman)

Nothing to see here ;)

How should I get started? Is it hard to do? And what should I not do?