8GB of ram 3.95GB usable

It's probably something with the motherboard's firmware not liking this particular ram. Have you tried different sticks?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i assume you've already tried switching ram position and running one on one to check if the ram was ok and if all works fine, im suspecting the ram slot on your motherboard, maybe some corrosion due to unstable electricity

7 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's probably something with the motherboard's firmware not liking this particular ram. Have you tried different sticks?

He has been using these rams for a while now, nothing was wrong untill now, he didnt get an upgrade or change any parts either..

9 minutes ago, Zone00roxX said:

i assume you've already tried switching ram position and running one on one to check if the ram was ok and if all works fine, im suspecting the ram slot on your motherboard, maybe some corrosion due to unstable electricity

Yeah possibly but he cleaned the pins and the slots with paper. Its not an old mother board, a few months old too. 

15 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

If it boots now go into BIOS and tell us what SPD says.

Theyre both there and it detected them both.. At this point I dont think anything else is worth doing, we might just ditch it and get a full format,and a reset in the end.. This is annoying and really not worth the time tbh, I know this might help other people too but, Its just not worth trying so hard for

Just now, smokewolf said:

He has been using these rams for a while now, nothing was wrong untill now, he didnt get an upgrade or change any parts either..

Then there might be something messing with the connections on the board. Try cleaning it from any dust

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Then there might be something messing with the connections on the board. Try cleaning it from any dust

We managed to get some aircans and blow the dust off and used a fiber cloth over a cottonpick or whatever for the harder places 

if motherboard was ok, and the ram is also ok, the last thing i can think of is some kind of viruses or malware that eat up your ram usage.. maybe some hidden under windows/system (NOT system32 < this one is your OS).. the fastest way is reinstall your windows if you have the OS disk to get the thing in clean state, best of luck mate

1 minute ago, Zone00roxX said:

if motherboard was ok, and the ram is also ok, the last thing i can think of is some kind of viruses or malware that eat up your ram usage.. maybe some hidden under windows/system (NOT system32 < this one is your OS).. the fastest way is reinstall your windows if you have the OS disk to get the thing in clean state, best of luck mate

thank you, I am the one who suffers high ram usage tho, not him... He just cant use his ram

@smokewolf You could try downloading some kind of linux distribution (like ubuntu) and booting from USB thumbdrive and there check how much RAM it can access. If you see all 8 gigs then maybe it's os based issue after all.

1 minute ago, Verrierr said:

@smokewolf You could try downloading some kind of linux distribution (like ubuntu) and booting from USB thumbdrive and there check how much RAM it can access. If you see all 8 gigs then maybe it's os based issue after all.

yeah I could try that too thank you