Best AP for maximum Range

xc3ll

Hello Guys,

I'm looking for a new access point to replace a Apple Airport Express, because it's limited range. Normally I would deploy multiple APs in this house, but the owner specificly asked for only a single AP, so this thing has to be awesome. Maximum range is the only thing that matters here, so features like AC would be nice, but are not required.

At the moment I'm looking at the Xclaim Xi-3, since this thing is just so reliable. But I'm not sure how it compares to other high-end APs in range. So if you know a better one, feel free to post your opinion ;)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

there's some box from cisco thats amazingly resilliant to many users hitting it constantly, and "you're able to connect to" trough 100 or so meters of building.

unfortunately i cant really tell you the model number, because universities dont quite like students messing with their APs :P

(they got them to replace their old ones which were from ruckus iirc, and those would crash quite "reliably" if 10 students hit them at the same time)

EDIT: seems to be something from the "aironet 2600" series.

and they arent quite the cheapest: https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-2600-Access-Point-AIR-SAP2602I/dp/B00APL7UWA

Ubiquity has an AP AC LR on offer that goes for around 150$

The Aironets or Merakis MR 52 or Aruba's instant series have way more power but they cost between 1000-1500$ if not more + you have to watch out if you need a Wifi.Controller (the Aironet does), which would add another 1500-6000$