HELP NEEDED ASAP Driver problems

Dofyy

Specs:

CPU:I5-2500K

GPU:ASUS R9 390 OC 8GB Strix

MOBO:Asus P8Z68-V LX

Hello,

So today I started up my pc and for some unknown reason the temps had started at 56 and would not go down even when the fans were on 80%

So I looked up GPU tweak and noticed I was running a very very old version I don't remember the specific number but I was on version 1. So I installed Version 2.8.3.0 GPU Tweak.

Then I went to display drivers to find out AMD also have new drivers out. So Installed Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Restarted my pc ect and came back on. I went on TS and Started up GTA Online. Mid way into loading my display stops and my GPU fans stop spinning. The pc was on but my gpu shut off. 

I am thinking of resetting my pc right now and finally upgrading to Windows 10.

TIA

Either the PSU is dead or GPU Tweak bricked something.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

21 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Either the PSU is dead or GPU Tweak bricked something.

What can I do? Will installing Windows 10 fix it?

Just now, Dofyy said:

What can I do? Will installing Windows 10 fix it?

Try DDU and reinstalling the driver first. Then remove GPU Tweak and ANY Asus malware you have. Then try again

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

What is DDU? Could you guide me through on how to do it?

1 minute ago, Dofyy said:

What is DDU? Could you guide me through on how to do it?

Display Driver Uinstaller. It will guide you how to do things. It will prompt you to reboot in safe mode - do that and remove all drivers  from your system

Just now, don_svetlio said:

Display Driver Uinstaller. It will guide you how to do things. It will prompt you to reboot in safe mode - do that and remove all drivers  from your system

Wait I just noticed on my GPU where the Power goes in their is a redlight. Im not sure if this is always like it or not. Would installing Win 10 not be easier?

Just now, Dofyy said:

Wait I just noticed on my GPU where the Power goes in their is a redlight. Im not sure if this is always like it or not. Would installing Win 10 not be easier?

That means it's not getting sufficient power. Scrap the PSU

29 minutes ago, Dofyy said:

Specs:

CPU:I5-2500K

GPU:ASUS R9 390 OC 8GB Strix

MOBO:Asus P8Z68-V LX

Hello,

So today I started up my pc and for some unknown reason the temps had started at 56 and would not go down even when the fans were on 80%

So I looked up GPU tweak and noticed I was running a very very old version I don't remember the specific number but I was on version 1. So I installed Version 2.8.3.0 GPU Tweak.

Then I went to display drivers to find out AMD also have new drivers out. So Installed Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Restarted my pc ect and came back on. I went on TS and Started up GTA Online. Mid way into loading my display stops and my GPU fans stop spinning. The pc was on but my gpu shut off. 

I am thinking of resetting my pc right now and finally upgrading to Windows 10.

TIA

Just as a precaution aswell, never go above 16.1 Drivers IMO. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to wipe AMD and ASUS software after an update past 16.1 But also >

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

Just as a precaution aswell, never go above 16.1 Drivers IMO. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to wipe AMD and ASUS software after an update past 16.1 But also >

Nah, 16.7 is fully stable.

FFS! This is painful! The company that made my pc has the cables tied to shit! Do you think it could be from the other day when i was playing around with the cables to put in a new HDD?

Just now, Dofyy said:

FFS! This is painful! The company that made my pc has the cables tied to shit! Do you think it could be from the other day when i was playing around with the cables to put in a new HDD?

Is full PCIe power connected to the card? If it got jolted loose the card might not have enough power. Check that.

Nah, 16.7 is fully stable.

I've tried 5 separate times. It works well for everything that has come out in 2015 & 16, nothing older.

2 minutes ago, Dofyy said:

What PSU is it?

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

I've tried 5 separate times. It works well for everything that has come out in 2015 & 16, nothing older.

Hmmm, that is odd. Windows 10? Cause on 8.1 drivers have been rock solid for me

Hmmm, that is odd. Windows 10? Cause on 8.1 drivers have been rock solid for me

Nope, 8.1 for the next couple of days. I don't want to hijack this thread, so we should most likely drop it. My card has always been a special one.

2 minutes ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

Is full PCIe power connected to the card? If it got jolted loose the card might not have enough power. Check that.

I have no idea let me open up the side panel now and check now.

Just now, Dofyy said:

I have no idea let me open up the side panel now and check now.

Okay.

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

What PSU is it?

It's a Cooler Master GX 750W. Handed down by my brother I think he got it around 4 years ago?

Just now, Dofyy said:

It's a Cooler Master GX 750W. Handed down by my brother I think he got it around 4 years ago?

Might be time you got a new one. It's an okay PSU but it's also old. Check if the connectors are properly in place - if so, get a new one

2 minutes ago, Dofyy said:

Given that this PSU is discontinued, and advertises "forward thinking and futuristic" support for PCIe and SATA makes me believe it's a little behind.

Might be time you got a new one. It's an okay PSU but it's also old. Check if the connectors are properly in place - if so, get a new one

I have an CX750M in my old pc going to use that. I have no motivation rn to do anything haha I always get paranoid when my pc fucks up. The worst thing is, is that the cable management is so well done that im not even sure how I'm gonna do that.

Just now, Dofyy said:

I have an CX750M in my old pc going to use that. I have no motivation rn to do anything haha I always get paranoid when my pc fucks up. The worst thing is, is that the cable management is so well done that im not even sure how I'm gonna do that.

It doesn't have to be pretty when you're diagnosing a problem. Once you know that it's the PSU, and you think you have the solution, work on stuffing all of your cables behind the chasis to make it look pretty. Believe me, I know the struggles of having a shitty PSU. 750W Deepcool with no modularity. My CPU power cord runs over my R9 380 >.>

1 minute ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

It doesn't have to be pretty when you're diagnosing a problem. Once you know that it's the PSU, and you think you have the solution, work on stuffing all of your cables behind the chasis to make it look pretty. Believe me, I know the struggles of having a shitty PSU. 750W Deepcool with no modularity. My CPU power cord runs over my R9 380 >.>

Thats what my on is doing right now haha. I had to use the adapter.

Just now, Dofyy said:

Thats what my on is doing right now haha. I had to use the adapter.

Haha