plug in usb breaks PC

never_here

i'm not sure why, but every time i plug in a usb cable to my pc's front usb port, it like, shorts out my pc, or does weird things (see photo below).  can anyone explain why?  Anyone know a fix?  Is this bad for my pc?

i use the ports regularliy, but it only has been doing this recently.  The PC is my own built pc, so i dont think theres much issues in general with it, but it seems to only have happened when i reinstalled the os to switch from 32bit win 7, to 64-bit.  but i doubt thats the issue... perhaps i may have kicked it at some point?  dont know.

Btw, grey drawings are just there to block out personal info.  

1.jpg

Woah this looks broken!

Have you tried another operating system? You can install most linux distros on USB and then boot from that to test if it's just a problem in Windows. If it is, then you'll probably need to re-install windows.

I edit my posts a lot.

well, its not like it happens to all ports,  Its only a specific USB port on the front of the pc.  If i plug stuff in any other usb port, its fine.  I could do a linus test later, but is there something i can check now?  are there any other known problems that could cause this?