H100i GTX plugged into system fan slot instead of CPU ?

Just curious if the h100i gtx pump could still be powered off a system fan motherboard slot instead of a cpu fan slot. I have 2 Nf-f12's ... One plugged into a system fan slot and one in my second cpu fan slot. With the system fan slot you can only decrease the rpm so low. So do you know if the pump could instead be powered off my sys fan slot so I could use CPU Fan slots for my fans.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

45 minutes ago, Saiyan said:

Just curious if the h100i gtx pump could still be powered off a system fan motherboard slot instead of a cpu fan slot. I have 2 Nf-f12's ... One plugged into a system fan slot and one in my second cpu fan slot. With the system fan slot you can only decrease the rpm so low. So do you know if the pump could instead be powered off my sys fan slot so I could use CPU Fan slots for my fans.

should work fine, I had the pump on my old H60 plugged into a case fan header as I wanted the rad fan to change for CPU heat, although I would set the header to speed for the pump at a constant since it doesn't actually make a difference to temps

26 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

should work fine, I had the pump on my old H60 plugged into a case fan header as I wanted the rad fan to change for CPU heat, although I would set the header to speed for the pump at a constant since it doesn't actually make a difference to temps

So all I'd need to do is switch the plugs and they should be fine ?

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

Just now, Saiyan said:

So all I'd need to do is switch the plugs and they should be fine ?

Should be, do double check temps, your cooler has a little more doing on than the H60, check temps in the bios quickly once you boot up, as long as they aren't creeping up at idle then you should be fine, however I am fairly sure that the pump is powered off of a sata power plug which can also power the 2 rad fans, at least thats how my current H110 GT works so really you could just plug the single header into the CPU socket, then connect the 2 fans to the build in controller on the CPU block