Mouse with horizontal scrolling

Hi, I am searching for a mouse with the ability to scroll vertically as well as horizontally.

My problem is that I can't find anything apart from the Apple Magic Mouse, the old Apple Mouse and the Logitech MX Master.

Problem with these is:

- Magic Mouse as well as MX Master are simply too expensive

- Old Apple Mouse and Magic Mouse are for Mac, therefore I don't know if a workaround exists in which horizontal scrolling in windows works.

Are there any other mice with good horizontal scrolling?

(sry for not-that-great english)

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Most Logitech mice have the sideways scrolling (via tilting the scrollwheel).

I have that on my current one as well, but isn't working very well.

And in some applications, especially in my main applications like Photoshop and Davinci Resolve it isn't working at all

9 minutes ago, Bastian said:

I have that on my current one as well, but isn't working very well.

And in some applications, especially in my main applications like Photoshop and Davinci Resolve it isn't working at all

Sounds like a software issue. Do you have the Logitech software installed and configured properly?

When in doubt, re-format.

Ì don't recommend the MX Master for horizontal scrolling anyway, it doest work. Like seriously, LG can't be arsed to fix their drivers to allow the horizontal scroll wheel to, well - horizontally scroll, so you can't use it for that in Photoshop.

I still love it, as I use it to switch between desktop on Win10, but the point stands'. 

What you can maybe do (depending on how configurable your mouse is) is use something like autohotkey to create a shortcut that would change the normal scroll to a horizontal one

You realize that if you hold control while scrolling in Photoshop, you'll scroll horizontally, right?

Really, though, the MX Master & the RAT series of mice are your best bet if you want a dedicated scroll wheel. They're the only ones that I know of that are (still) sold today. You can get the MX Master's predecessor, but it goes for 300+ on amazon.

Also, would a touchpad (magic touchpad or something idk, something with gestures) on the left side of the keyboard work for you? You could hold ur mouse in ur right, and switch between keyboard and touchpad depending on need.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

5 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

Ì don't recommend the MX Master for horizontal scrolling anyway, it doest work. Like seriously, LG can't be arsed to fix their drivers to allow the horizontal scroll wheel to, well - horizontally scroll, so you can't use it for that in Photoshop.

I still love it, as I use it to switch between desktop on Win10, but the point stands'.

Logitech, not LG.

And how exactly does the horizontal scrolling not work?

@Bastian, I'm not sure exactly where your trouble is, but I can at least confirm that the G502 (and reasonably the rest of their gaming mice) has perfectly functional horizontal scrolling. Not sure about how that works in Photoshop, though... I mean, I don't see why there'd be a problem, but then again, I don't have Photoshop.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

12 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Logitech, not LG.

I first wanted to correct you saying they're the same thing.. but...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE NOT THE SAME COMPANY MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE WHAT THE FUCK.

In gerads of the horizontal scrolling issue - here's a forum post on LG's and Adobe's forums as an example. As far as I know, it's still not fixed to this day.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

21 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

What you can maybe do (depending on how configurable your mouse is) is use something like autohotkey to create a shortcut that would change the normal scroll to a horizontal one

You realize that if you hold control while scrolling in Photoshop, you'll scroll horizontally, right?

I've never thought of that and I am using Autohotkey..

Thank you for the good idea!

In terms of Photoshop; yes I knew that, but I would like to have a universal solution so that it's working everywhere and not just in Photoshop. And I think that Autohotkey could be great for that.

22 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

Sounds like a software issue. Do you have the Logitech software installed and configured properly?

16 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Logitech, not LG.

And how exactly does the horizontal scrolling not work?

@Bastian, I'm not sure exactly where your trouble is, but I can at least confirm that the G502 (and reasonably the rest of their gaming mice) has perfectly functional horizontal scrolling. Not sure about how that works in Photoshop, though... I mean, I don't see why there'd be a problem, but then again, I don't have Photoshop.

Well, I guess I did express that wrong; I ment that I have a Mouse with a tiltable scrollwheel, but it's not from Logitech.

In terms of how it doesn't work:it simply doesn't. Even though I have the drivers installed. But this thing doesn't work as it should anymore anyways, so I'm going to replace it with a new one and wanted to know, if there's any mice with horizontal scrollwheels.

But I think I found a solution in Autohotkey.

Now: Can anyone recommend a Mouse below 40€ that has at least one free programmable Button and hasn't that Gaming-Look?

(sry for not-that-good english)