Budget gaming mouse

FanBlade

I was looking for a gaming mouse 50 dollars or less from Amazon or Newegg. Here are the mice I found interesting.:

SteelSeries Rival 300

Corsair Sabre RGB

Logitech G402

Logitech G402 MMO

Logitech G602

Logitech G303

Mionix NAOS 7000

Corsair M65

SteelSeries Kana

Turtle Beach Grip 300

Which would be the best buy? 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

1 hour ago, FanBlade said:

I was looking for a gaming mouse 50 dollars or less from Amazon or Newegg. Here are the mice I found interesting.:

SteelSeries Rival 300

Corsair Sabre RGB

Logitech G402

Logitech G402 MMO

Logitech G602

Logitech G303

Mionix NAOS 7000

Corsair M65

SteelSeries Kana

Turtle Beach Grip 300

Which would be the best buy? 

Steel series rival 300 or get a Zowie mouse. They are made by BenQ and have one of the best high precision sensors 

• CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

I've had the M65 since 2014. I kind of like it, but the middle click is near impossible now. Which I use daily for web browsing.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

Out of that list, Logitech G402, very nice sensor, its not the best on the market, but its more than good enough, also its pretty comfortable. Best mouse would be the G303, if you can get used to the shape. Its my favourite mouse to use when in CSGO tournaments, its sensor is the most accurate sensor you can find on the market.

Rival 300 is great. It's a shaped mose though, so if you want a symmetrical one instead, five the Rival 100 or Sensei RAW a try.

I don't personally like the Logitech G402 or G303

- Greetz! -

Don't be irritated by the grumpy look

Some of my gear: HP ProBook laptop, Logitech G710+ keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse, Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone, Sennheiser HD558 headphones, Sony Alpha 58 DSLR

Areas of expertise: Consumer-grade and business PCs and laptops // headphones and audio gear in general // computer peripherals // troubleshooting hardware and software // making, woodworking, soldering, etc. // electrical engineering and physics // music and drumming

59 minutes ago, QRCodeKiller said:

Out of that list, Logitech G402, very nice sensor, its not the best on the market, but its more than good enough, also its pretty comfortable. Best mouse would be the G303, if you can get used to the shape. Its my favourite mouse to use when in CSGO tournaments, its sensor is the most accurate sensor you can find on the market.

Get this http://zowie.benq.com/mice/fk2

• Sound Logitech g430

•  

3 minutes ago, KearneyMC said:

Steel series rival 300 or get a Zowie mouse. They are made by BenQ and have one of the best high precision sensors 

Could you link a Zowie mouse? 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

59 minutes ago, FanBlade said:

Could you link a Zowie mouse? 

http://zowie.benq.com/mice/fk2

• Sound Logitech g430

•  

Zowie's are decent, i personally have a Zowie EC2-A (the new BenQ version after they re-released it due to call back), they are comfortable and pretty good to use. However, i still prefer the G402 or G303. The G402 feels the most high quality out of these three, probably because its the heaviest. While the G303 and EC2-A feels similar in terms of build quality, they both feel cheap compared to my other mice, like Mionix Castor or Logitech G502. Comfort wise, i think EC2-A and G402 are similar there as they are both comfortable.

As for performance wise, there is nothing wrong with the Zowie, it feels on par with the G402 sensor. However, I honestly don't think it can beat the G303's 3366 sensor. I play better using the G303 compared to the Zowie. However, there won't be a huge difference and all three sensors are absolutely great.

Quality is where G303 and Zowie suffer from. While G303 has a cheap sort of feel like to it when holding it, the Zowie has cheaper and worse feeling mouse clicks. The side buttons on the Zowie are horrible, they press too deep and the main primary mouse button, using the Huano's don't feel as nice and crisp as the G402's Omrons or the springs on the G303. Most people would agree that the Omrons feel better but some still prefer the Huanos so thats your preference there. Scroll wheel wise, the G402 and G303 uses the same scroll wheel, and both logitechs and zowie's scroll wheel are crap.

I forgot to mention the razer DeathAdder 2013. It's $40 on amazon.  Is it any good? 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

so much speculation on these. there are a few mice out there, but what really needs to be talked about is this. WHat is your hand size? do you prefer a wider mouse to support palm style, or would a small mouse claw style work? also, what is the 402 MMO? if you would like an MMO mouse for the buttons, then the G600 is something to consider, but still. heavy or light?

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

Reddragon centophorus. About a budget as you can get, but amazing for the price.

I've been using A4Tech X7 F3 for almost 5 years now, been rock solid for me, tracking and speed is great, replaced razer deathadder with it that died, never had any second thought that i've been missing something but I'm not hardcore fps player tho, only con it has is that gold paint come off rather quickly from sweat especially at the bottom

11 hours ago, Godospartan said:

so much speculation on these. there are a few mice out there, but what really needs to be talked about is this. WHat is your hand size? do you prefer a wider mouse to support palm style, or would a small mouse claw style work? also, what is the 402 MMO? if you would like an MMO mouse for the buttons, then the G600 is something to consider, but still. heavy or light?

I have a pretty big hand size pretty similar to that of Luke. I heard wider mice are harder to pick up but a reasonable width would suit me since I use the palm style.  I don't need the extra buttons. Having them would be nice but they're not a requirement. I'd like it to have a bit of weight since it makes it feel solid and it wouldn't cause too much fatigue to me since I'm used to carrying heavy loads. 

7 hours ago, acheahead said:

In my opinion you need to consider A LOT of factors beyond just "which mouse".

Aesthetics:
1) Do you need RGB?
2) Do you need X-Manufacturer?
3) Do you have a specific color preference/scheme going on, which RGB "can't handle" (i.e wanting a full white mouse versus a black with white RGB lighting)?

Hardware:
1) Do you have a requirement for X-amount of mouse buttons?
2) Do you have a requirement for a specific sensor, or are you open to suggestions? (I noted the G502 is your first "gaming" mouse, so I reckon' you have no preference and are open to ideas).
3) Do you have a need for software support which enables easier macro programming/mapping?
4) Do you need a braided or a regular cable? I guess it could be put in aesthetics, but I think it's more HW related (I nearly forgot this one).

General purpose and gaming needs; a lot of the things mentioned prior to this step are still in here, but basically they're still important:
1) Zhem Buttons. How many DO you need? Are you fine with 4 buttons (Excluding the Wheel and DPI changer) or do you need +2-8 more?
2) If you really need more than the "standard" amount of buttons, could you live with software profiles changing mouse button behavior?

Phew..
Going in reverse, let's talk about zhem buttons:
For general purposes more buttons can be GREAT. Forward/Backward and buttons for page up/down was AWESOME on my Sensei, and I do occasionally still miss them.
I can easily live without them and I don't need the two extra buttons for any of the games I'm playing. Not saying I didn't find any use for them (I did), but I can easily live without.

Actually I've disabled the DPI changer on my G303, and turned it into a "Show Desktop" shortcut for whenever I only use the mouse for "work". Winkey+D is great, but sometimes you're either only using the keyboard and others are heavy mouse dependent. I like the ability to switch buttons functionality via provided software - It's easy, and you're able to setup different profiles for different task/games.

I also don't need the DPI changer; I'm using the same DPI around the board, and I don't have any steps setup on my G303 (I disabled them, even on the hardware profile).

The only reason I can think of having to need a numpad on a mouse is for perhaps games with MOBA, MMO/RPG and/or strategic elements to it. Or if you perhaps like the aforementioned usage of macros. I haven't tried out setting up macros, sequences and/or whatnot, but I could imagine it being helpful for perhaps editing as well? Like Button 1 does this sequence, button 2 that...
^ f*** this whole paragraph, but I'm still leaving it in here haha..

The most important features I look for at the moment are, in order: The sensor, how the left/right mouse buttons are incorporated on the mouse (I dislike unified buttons) and how I'm able to "manipulate" mouse.

Other things like RGB lighting and which type of cable is used isn't that important to me. I like the braided type best, but I can easily live with a regular plastic one.

I have no extensive knowledge of mice, as my repertoire (I feel) is still pretty limited. And we can never stop learning, and since the tech. is ever-evolving there's always new things to take into account 

That out of the way, I do currently have a heavy preference in sensor, and I'm more than 80% sure I'll never step "back" to a 3310.

^ I'm sorry for a shameful C/P, this is just a general guide/buyers-guide I'm kinda working on.. I'm on my way again, as I don't feel quite up to speed, but I'd rather leave some insight, than not.

Take from it what you can, and if you're interested in more Walls from me about mice, I recommend checking my latest post.
They mostly contain the same info as here, but with more specifics on mice.
From that list there are quite a few good contenders, but they all differ in different ways; not only hardware.

I do not need RGB. I do not need any specific manufacturer. The G502 was my first gaming mouse but I'm looking for another one for someone else. I don't have too much knowledge about sensors but a precise one for cs go would be nice. Software a d braided cables would be nice but they are not a requirement. I do not need any extra buttons but they would be nice to have.  I don't have a color preference. 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

7 hours ago, ShiftyFella said:

I've been using A4Tech X7 F3 for almost 5 years now, been rock solid for me, tracking and speed is great, replaced razer deathadder with it that died, never had any second thought that i've been missing something but I'm not hardcore fps player tho, only con it has is that gold paint come off rather quickly from sweat especially at the bottom

Yes a4tech makes durable mouses. My father has one in his office. It has been there for almost 5 years. I don't know what model it is but it is great for office working stuff like emails, database and Google. But the A4Tech mouse seller of the model  you use doesn't ship to my country :(

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

given what you've talked about.... i would recommend, at 50 bucks mind you, the Logitech G600. It's ring finger rest is a third button, but it isn't required to play if you don't want to use it. you can even disable it in the gaming software Logitech provides so no random presses will mess you up. you can have extra buttons if you need them, and it comes with a braided cable and a pretty nice laser sensor. not the BEST sensor on the market, but it's a great sensor for the price. i have an 8 by 4 hand (fingers together) and i use a palm/fingertip grip. it's wide enough to fit comfortably in my hand, and just deep enough to pick up without squeezing it so hard or scrunching my hand. though your palm WILL be on your desk. if you use a decent sized and soft mousepad then this should be a comfortable grip for you. just my suggestion, but i LOVE this thing.

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

1 hour ago, Godospartan said:

given what you've talked about.... i would recommend, at 50 bucks mind you, the Logitech G600. It's ring finger rest is a third button, but it isn't required to play if you don't want to use it. you can even disable it in the gaming software Logitech provides so no random presses will mess you up. you can have extra buttons if you need them, and it comes with a braided cable and a pretty nice laser sensor. not the BEST sensor on the market, but it's a great sensor for the price. i have an 8 by 4 hand (fingers together) and i use a palm/fingertip grip. it's wide enough to fit comfortably in my hand, and just deep enough to pick up without squeezing it so hard or scrunching my hand. though your palm WILL be on your desk. if you use a decent sized and soft mousepad then this should be a comfortable grip for you. just my suggestion, but i LOVE this thing.

Thanks for the suggestion. The g600 sounds good. I'll wait a couple days in case anyone replies before pulling the trigger. 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

1 hour ago, acheahead said:

And I'm back for more action xD

I've clicked a few links talking about both the G600 and the Naga.
Do NOT quote me on this, but it seems like they both have the ADNS-9800. In comparison I've only tried a Sensei RAW and it uses an ADNS-9500.
A pure guesstimate would be that the 9800 might be better but some reports show that both have a sluggish movement and "bad acceleration".

From my own experience:
I owned an old Razer, it died, I raged and bought a Sensei RAW. So far it's the mouse that has lasted me the shortest period of time, around 1-2 months.
I gave it to my brother, he delivered it back a few days later. We both disliked the mouse buttons, all of them actually (They're pretty sensitive) but also "hated" the sensor (once we tried some opticals).
My friends who's currently using it likes it a lot. He hasn't had any "real" gaming mice before, so after he got used to it it's working great for him.
Now here is where it gets tricky: I've read a Hardmat should be the best the combo for a laser mouse, but sadly I'm not inclined to try it out (I'm not Richie Rich xD). Ultimately, I personally feel, there MIGHT be something to the talk. Most of the comments, not just on this sensor but on every mouse, revolves around the mouse itself - That's not bad most of the time. But there is little to no focus on which mat was/is being used.
I'd guess that most users buying a "gaming mousepad" are doing just that - Buying a pad. I always wanted to try a hardmat, ever since the old steelseries/icemat days, but the pricetag always held me back. I assume this is the case with most other users as well.
(And I just noted that SS is sending a free mousepad coupled with a laser sensor - Nice touch...)

So in fairness I guess it both can be, and maybe is, a great mouse/sensor - I just didn't like the 9500 (Mostly I didn't like the sensei's buttons, but the sensor wasn't great either). But experiences do differ. Godospartan loves the G600, and it's sensor, and my other friend really likes both the sensei and he doesn't give a s*** about sensor (He didn't install the software until I told him about it haha).

About big mice I guess it depends on both the frequency of lifts, the shape of the mouse and the weight.
I think the R300 is a bit of a heavyweight, and the G600 has a similar weight (3 grams difference) and I don't remember having trouble picking up the R300.
It wasn't "heavy" or hard to grip, lift and reposition. It felt pretty natural to me. I gave up on the R300 for other reasons.
I dislike the rubber (to put it mildly), and I also never got friends with the slanted design. I suspect my seating angle might play a role in this but my index finger really started to hurt during longer gaming sessions involving a lot of clicks (D3 + CSgo).

I will always favor an optical over a laser sensor even without having "tested a laser sensor out properly", but I'll never strong arm anyone into purchasing either one.
So if you're able to pick up a laser based mouse that's both cheap and easy to return, in case you don't like it, I wouldn't hold a grudge against you (You're just marked for life xD). About the ease of return I'm only thinking about physical store versus mailing it in - Both methods work fine, I just prefer a physical store (when available, and not overpriced by 5000%).

Personally I'd really like to try a Zowie, but don't ever think I will. I dislike their dpi setup, but really like their design and hardware.
will get a FinalMouse Scream One at some time because I'm 100% certain I'll love it - The Argo, or whatever it's called, is also pretty neat, but I won't be going back to a 3310 sensor without returning it again (I plan on keeping the Scream One).
I've also been interested in Fnatics lineup of gadgets but it quickly faded away. I think there are cheaper alternatives on the market not to mention better/more interesting.
I mainly mention these as they are "bigger" than the average mouse, but also might be pricier :S

Little sum up:
I like Optical, not laser - However I wouldn't chop of your hands for buying a the latter (I'll just settle with your fingers xD)
Mousepad + Laser = potentially bad.
If you need extra buttons, please do consider the G600/Naga or other alternatives like them. I do understand where some of the extra buttons could be handy, but I personally only need a few extras.

I do not need extra buttons. If I could have them, it would be nice but they're not a necessity. And I also use a steel series qck mousepad if that info helps. 

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

Considered Roccat?

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.