cheap 144hz display?

huracan

Hello there,
So I've been playing a ton of overwatch and now i have a sudden urge to get a 144hz monitor to better compete, so ive been looking at the cheapest 144hz monitor available and i stumbled upon this Acer GN246HL and its about 250 CAD and ive been researching about this and found that people either love it or hate it saying and i quote "Selling a gaming monitor without backlight strobing? This is just junk. They've struck a "144hz" in there and hope someone will be dumb enough to buy these." so i dont understand what backlight strobing is and how it is relevant for gaming and now im holding off and waiting for someone here to enlight me on whether to buy it or go for something else.

oh and feel free to suggest any alternative cheap high refresh rate monitors. Thanks!

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

Asus VG248QE 24

good 1080p 24" monitor that costs 249 US on amazon atm

Bcklght strobing reduces motion blur... 144hz motion blur might be a problem, but overwatch isnt that intense of a game...

will update when i find more

2 minutes ago, Mohamed Osama said:

Asus VG248QE 24

actually for around that price point I would recommend the Viewsonic XG2401 over that, better color accuracy and less ghosting as well as Freesync.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Mohamed Osama said:

Asus VG248QE 24

i dont know if u read the whole thing or not but i stated 250 CAD so thats like 190+ USD 

3 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

Bcklght strobing reduces motion blur... 144hz motion blur might be a problem, but overwatch isnt that intense of a game...

will update when i find more

oh so its not that relevant ? i mean for the price im expecting some trade offs but not some game breaking trade-offs no pun intended 

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: R9 390 PCS+Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3 r2.0, PowerSupply: EVGA 600b 80+Bronze, Storage: seagate Barracuda 1TB SSHD & Case: Corsair Carbide 200r

2 minutes ago, SolarpandaS said:

@huracanif its an overwatch pun i dont get it

now thinking about it i dont think it was any kind of pun i think we can take it in a literal sense.

1 minute ago, Mohamed Osama said:

Bit8xPr0

but does it have the build quality and reliability of asus? 

Build quality seems pretty good, not sure how reliable ASUS is, they're kind of just known because they have good advertising where as Viewsonic doesn't. It has plenty of reviews you can read on Amazon. I purchased the XG2701 while it was on sale yesterday and will have more knowledge about them on the 1st.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

20 minutes ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

Build quality seems pretty good, not sure how reliable ASUS is, they're kind of just known because they have good advertising where as Viewsonic doesn't. It has plenty of reviews you can read on Amazon. I purchased the XG2701 while it was on sale yesterday and will have more knowledge about them on the 1st.

Cool bro give us a quick little review on that if it's no problem 

1 minute ago, Mohamed Osama said:

Cool bro give us a quick little review on that if it's no problem 

Good idea, considering there's hardly any information out there regarding those monitors, especially the bigger 2701

DO NOT BUY THE VG248Q, IT HAS WASHED OUT COLOURS, PLUS IT HAS NO BLUE LIGHT REDUCER.

BUY BENQ INSTEAD, XL2411Z MORE EXACTLY

sorry for caps, but he needs to see this

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.