advice on networking?

Ricky507

So I've a vodafone router hg658c connected to my power line adapter then that goes to a splitter then to my pc and other devices but I'm not happy with it I want to buy a nighthawk router but I heared that I need a modem could someone help me and recommend something's I want the best performance and speeds I'll be building a server soon so I'm gonna need to sort something out 

CPU i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz  | GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB | HDD : 1TB HDD Seagate  | Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid-Tower ATX | PSU Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified  | Mobo ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-K  | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 901MHz

4 hours ago, Ricky507 said:

So I've a vodafone router hg658c connected to my power line adapter then that goes to a splitter then to my pc and other devices but I'm not happy with it I want to buy a nighthawk router but I heared that I need a modem could someone help me and recommend something's I want the best performance and speeds I'll be building a server soon so I'm gonna need to sort something out 

Find out, by looking up the manual, looking in the router settings, or calling your ISP, if your router/modem combo unit can be turned to "bridged" or modem-only mode. If it cannot, ask your ISP what modems they support. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 4:03 PM, brwainer said:

Find out, by looking up the manual, looking in the router settings, or calling your ISP, if your router/modem combo unit can be turned to "bridged" or modem-only mode. If it cannot, ask your ISP what modems they support. 

I texted them I am waiting on a response 

CPU i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz  | GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB | HDD : 1TB HDD Seagate  | Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid-Tower ATX | PSU Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified  | Mobo ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-K  | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 901MHz