Which CPU Choice would work better..?

Hi !

I need some help from those who have Knowledge about CINEMA 4D R17.

What I'm trying to figure out for my build, is actually the CPU believe it or not, haha. I need to know if a 5820k is enough for really, heavy rendering 'tasks' such as Physical, Arnold and ESPECIALLY Octane within CINEMA 4D only.

Alongside the 5820k/Whatever-CPU will be a GTX 1070 but I'm not sure whose version to get quite yet. I'll also be using the Standard renderer for long animations that will probably be from 0 Frames to around... I dunno, 600+ Approx frames. It may or may not be a very complex scene with a lot of textures, models and what not which again is quite a heavy task. Some of you are probably aware that animations within CINEMA 4D per frame can be quite time consuming and I'm not sure if the 5820k can handle animations that >could< consist of a lot of frames if that makes sense because it could take nearly 1-3 minutes just for one frame, then you have to multiply that by however many you have in total; it could be nearly 200, 300, 500 or even 600+ depending on what I'll be working on there and then. That's a lot of time and work for a 6-Core/12-Thread 5820k CPU being overclocked or not.

So, would the 5820k be able to handle such a heavy animation or even Arnold/Octane renders? Personally, I don't think it could but that's why I need some advice from those who do have knowledge about CINEMA 4D. Oh and err... I will not be using any other modelling software. Only CINEMA 4D, no other. ^_^

My only other issue is that, I'd be doing a bit of gaming as mentioned below and I don't know how a 2670-V3 would perform alongside a GTX 1070 in terms of FPS, Lag, Stability, Temps etc...

My current CPU(s) choices are listed below.

I have also listed my intended purposes for this build, please read onwards:

• My intended purposes are Gaming, Video/Photo Editing, Programming, Game/App Development and a lot of Rendering within CINEMA 4D as explained above.

============================================================================

• Option 1 - Intel Xeon 2670 V3 CPU > £145 from eBay > But how it would handle when gaming? What kind of FPS would I get alongside my GTX 1070..?
  • Option 2 - Intel 5820k CPU > £320-330 > But can it handle CINEMA 4D..? I assume it can handle Video Editing software applications but, can it truly handle CINEMA 4D..?

So yeah, if I were to get a 5820k, my budget would be going up :( :/

Thanks ~ Xiauj ^_^

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3