Are these the same keycap set?

steezemageeze

I've been debating keycap sets for a while and finally decided on the 108 Key PBT Cherry Profile Keycap Set - White w/ Top Print Legends (Vortex) set from MechanicalKeyboards.com. However, I went to WASDKeyboards because I want to get an Arch Linux cap for my escape key, and notice that they have a set that looks almost exactly identical, the PBT 104-Key Cherry MX Keycap Set - Top Print White. Now, I'm confused. If I buy the set from MK.com, I spend ~$42 (I have to buy a keycap puller as well), and no shipping, and I don't get my Arch ESC cap (which isn't that huge of a deal). If I order from WASD, then I get my ESC key, and it comes with an included keycap puller, but I pay ~$47 total, including shipping. Would I be right in saying that WASD is the better option for this purchase? 5 dollars won't end up making a huge difference, I'm just sort of asking just for confirmation.Screenshot (57).png

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Looks the same. First one includes 4 more keycaps. 

Main Rig: CPU: A10-7850K(+stock cooler) / MB: some random FM2+ OEM / GPU: GTX 660 / RAM: 16 GB-1600 mhz / PSU: CORSAIR VS650 / HDD: 1 TB WD Blue (games) + 1 TB SEAGATE (series/other) / SSD: KINGSTONE V300 128GB (OS) / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits / CASE: Corsair 200R

Secondary Rig: CPU: A8-6800k (+stock cooler) / MB: MSI A78M-E45 / GPU: Using integrated from the APU / RAM: 4 GB 1600mhz / PSU: 500W (Came with the case) / HDD: 2 TB WD Blue (Movies) + External 4 TB CASE: B-Move Thyra

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB / Mouse: Mars MM2 / Mousepad: Extended Tecknet (90x45x.3cm) Monitors: Asus VX248-HW (23") + Dell s2208wb (22") / Speakers: Logitech Z213

Extras: Phone: OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black /CM13 Nightlies

ive used WSAD before with a fully custom coloured key cap set there key caps are awesome one thing i would say is one is 104 key and one is 108 key so id check how many keys youve got on your keyboard otherwise you might end up with 4 black keys 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, WhiteManito said:

Looks the same. First one includes 4 more keycaps. 

Those 4 are for the numpad, which doesn't make a difference at all for me because my board is a TKL. But you're right, they look exactly the same, which confused me

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

16 minutes ago, peej said:

ive used WSAD before with a fully custom coloured key cap set there key caps are awesome one thing i would say is one is 104 key and one is 108 key so id check how many keys youve got on your keyboard otherwise you might end up with 4 black keys 

The 4 key difference doesn't matter, they're for the numpad media keys, which I don't have on my board. Mostly I'm just worried that the WASD ones aren't actually the Vortex ones, but instead they're clones... but then again, WASD sells rebranded Pok3r boards, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that these caps are rebranded Vortex caps too... Fuck, now I'm rambling. I'm probably just going to order from WASD.

1 minute ago, steezemageeze said:

The 4 key difference doesn't matter, they're for the numpad, which I don't have on my board. Mostly I'm just worried that the WASD ones aren't actually the Vortex ones, but instead they're clones... but then again, WASD sells rebranded Pok3r boards, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that these caps are rebranded Vortex caps too... Fuck, now I'm rambling. I'm probably just going to order from WASD.

WSAD are pretty trusted TekSyndicate have endorsed them before id go for them its worth it

I lurk a lot