Did ghetto build and GPU not working right!

Alexcalibur

So to start, I am on the rig that I am talking about now, so it is working. Here are my problems

- little black lines all over my screen

-GPU won't show up in afterburner, so can't monitor temps, even though the DVI is hooked up to the GPU itself

-General help

Pics related

GPU is GTX 580

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

Looks like your GPU is tanked. Maybe try another and see if the same problems persist.

There seems to be no active cooling to the GPU except for the main chip itself, and even that appears zip-tied on.........

Re-install the factory cooler and your problems will likely disappear.   Those cheap ass waterblocks you see on e-bay might work okay for a CPU, but on a GPU they are just a bad idea.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2016 at 11:29 PM, Matt420740 said:

There seems to be no active cooling to the GPU except for the main chip itself, and even that appears zip-tied on.........

Re-install the factory cooler and you're problems will likely disappear.   Those cheap ass waterblocks you see on e-bay might work okay for a CPU, but on a GPU they are just a bad idea.....

I bought it w/o one off of ebay so no can do. I did put some aluminium heatsinks on the VRAM, but you are right.