USB adapter for game streaming?

IAmAndre

Hi,

After buying two PCI WiFi cards, I realized that my WiFi issues weren't caused by my network card but my motherboard (actually the PCI port). Today I checked the price and I found out that the less expensive motherboard I'm interested in costs about €75, but I'm not sure if I should make such an investment today, since I'm still using a 1150 i3 CPU. I think that I should wait until I can afford to get a new CPU and motherboard at the same time.

Now I'm considering buying an external WiFi card, but I'm seeing mixed opinions on the internet about this type of product. Some say that these USB adapters don't deliver the same performance as their PCIe counterparts. On the other hand, I find products like this https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Band-Wireless-AC600-Wi-Fi-Adapter-USB-AC51/dp/B00HM0K61Y that would cost half the price of a new motherboard, and actually the same price as my router. Do you think I should invest in this rather than a new motherboard? Do you think that would be enough for local game streaming on a Steam Link? Would you recommend any adapter for this usage? And finally, I know I'm not in the right section, but do you think that if I should get a new CPU in a year, I would be fine with a higher-end Haswell CPU, in comparison with whatever Intel has released at this date?

Thanks a lot